My Nvidia IR emitter isn't being recognized?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtfwithme

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
I just recently decided to try and set up my Nvidia 3D vision kit for my ASUS VG236H. It consists of the IR emitter and the 3D vision glasses. When trying to setup the 3D vision through the setup wizard, the setup wizard does not seem to be able to recognize that the IR emitter is in fact plugged into the computer via the provided USB cable. Also, the ON/OFF button on the IR emitter itself is supposed to be have a solid green light. Mine has a solid white light. Any ideas on what I could do to fis this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dtfwithme

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012

I don't have any other computers that are 3D ready. Would it still be a good idea to try using the IR Emitter on a different computer? Or would it just be a waste of time?

Bicky_06

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
If you encounter the following problem on your 120Hz monitor VG278 with 3D Vision: built in 3D IR emitter not starting (green led light does not lit)

Do try this odd but possible solution (that worked for me): while your PC is turned on, keep the DVI-cable connected with your monitor, but disconnect the powercable of your monitor for about 20 seconds. Then connect the powercable to your monitor. Start the Nvidia testapp to test.

I stumbled upon this solution on another forum and since I was desperatly seeking for a solution, I gave it a try. And it worked. Thats why I wanted to post the solution here, to help out other desperate people. Hope it works for you too guys. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.