My Nvidia is being recognized as an amd radeon

Jul 21, 2018
My device manager is detecting my graphics card as an AMD Radeon R7 200 Series, when it is actually a Gigabyte Geforce GTX 750 ti. I have to download drivers for AMD instead of Nvidia and it doesnt perform as well as it should.

Solution
Sounds more like your integrated graphics is functioning fine, but the nvidia card is not being recognised at all.
Unless your actual cpu does not have integrated graphics, in which case something is way off. Most Chinese scams are using older 4 or 5 series nvidia cards with a custom bios, changing the identification from that 4 series card to a 750ti. I've not heard of any using radeon cards to do that since amd works differently to nvidia, to the same general results.

What cpu/mobo do you have exactly?

XxDarkMarioxX

Respectable
Dec 25, 2016

Where did your friend buy it from?

Jul 21, 2018

I have no clue, just that it is one card and is being recognized as another. it is a real card and it is not an amd.

XxDarkMarioxX

Respectable
Dec 25, 2016

I may be wrong but I had an thought that your friend could off bought the GPU and it was made from china and that your gpu is an fake making it look like its an Gigabyte Geforce GTX 750 ti when its an AMD Radeon R7 200 may be wrong but ask your friend because never seen this problem before!

Jul 21, 2018

I do have an amd 6 core processor and motherboard but it should be compatible. According to pc part picker

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Sounds more like your integrated graphics is functioning fine, but the nvidia card is not being recognised at all.
Unless your actual cpu does not have integrated graphics, in which case something is way off. Most Chinese scams are using older 4 or 5 series nvidia cards with a custom bios, changing the identification from that 4 series card to a 750ti. I've not heard of any using radeon cards to do that since amd works differently to nvidia, to the same general results.

What cpu/mobo do you have exactly?

Solution