My Nvidia Physix disappear from nvidia control panel

linearattack

Prominent
Sep 21, 2017
Hi,
I kinda have this problem since I installed a new nvidia driver (maybe something wrong happened during installation) and I did a bunch of re-installation to fix this but nothing seems to work out.

My problem is, when I play some games (in my case like PES 2017 and GTA V), the game will stop working during its loading screen, and when i look at the nvidia control panel, physx option is disappearing in 3D setting (its there before I launch the game!), and when I restart my computer, its there again and dissapearing again when I launch a game (which stop working).

After stop working, I can play the game, but with a lot of stutter (I suppose the game use intel as physx)

I have Nvidia geforce 840M.

Solution
Wait, you have a laptop. The GPU only appears and works when it is needed. Especially on older laptops like yours.
Check if you see physx while in a game. I've seen this 10 times already, you can't even check what GPU you have since you have Intel also.

linearattack

Prominent
Sep 21, 2017

i did that and physx is installed (its there before i launched the game), but its disappeared after the game crash.

linearattack

Prominent
Sep 21, 2017

i did that and physx is installed (its there before i launched the game), but its disappeared after the game crash.

linearattack

Prominent
Sep 21, 2017

as i said, the game crash and sometimes nvidia is disappeared from device manager and going to other devices. Its more likely the game use intel as gpu. All things seems fine before i played a game and crash, but after that, even gpu-z cant detect nvidia specifications.

Cioby

Distinguished
Wait, you have a laptop. The GPU only appears and works when it is needed. Especially on older laptops like yours.
Check if you see physx while in a game. I've seen this 10 times already, you can't even check what GPU you have since you have Intel also.

Solution