[SOLVED] My old all in one Electrified the desk

Dec 10, 2019
If you touch my wood desk you can feel the vibration of the computer. I immediately powered down. All other electric items are working fine. I backed up to an external hard drive a few months ago. Is it safe to turn back on for a final back up and is it worth repairing?
Thanks in advance! Happy Holidays!

Solution
Why did you just compare Electrified to Vibrating?

If your desk vibrates it's because of something vibrating in your case. I saw this often and I can tell you that it's one of your fan or the only other thing that moves in your case. The HDD.

I have a quick fix for you if it's the fan. I fixed a lot of fan this way. You remove the fan. There is a sticker at the middle of the fan. You peel that sticker until you see the bearings. You take 1-2 drop of oil and you drop them in the bearing. Turn the fan manually a few time. Put it back in your case. Try.

If your desk vibrates it's because of something vibrating in your case. I saw this often and I can tell you that it's one of your fan or the only other thing that moves in your case. The HDD.

I have a quick fix for you if it's the fan. I fixed a lot of fan this way. You remove the fan. There is a sticker at the middle of the fan. You peel that sticker until you see the bearings. You take 1-2 drop of oil and you drop them in the bearing. Turn the fan manually a few time. Put it back in your case. Try.

Solution
Dec 10, 2019

Thank you. Will do and post back.

Dec 10, 2019
Maybe.

But backups are never "final". That is a process that needs to happen all the time.
My main systems do a backup every night. Secondary systems once a week.
I have a new pc. It’s here and ready to be set up. That’s the reason I called it final. Thank you again for all!!

Dec 10, 2019
If you touch my wood desk you can feel the vibration of the computer. I immediately powered down. All other electric items are working fine. I backed up to an external hard drive a few months ago. Is it safe to turn back on for a final back up and is it worth repairing?
Thanks in advance! Happy Holidays!
Thank you all for your quick responses. I’ve found many answers here in the past but never needed to post. I’m really grateful for your responses. What a wonderful forum this is with terrific people.