[SOLVED] My old laptop got slow by ancidently

Jan 4, 2022
Hi guys, I'm having a trouble with my laptop. It slow down by ancidently even I didn't do anything harm to my computer. So I got it 4 times, 3 times because of I messed up with it (I admit). And another time it slow down by itself, and haven't do anything to it yet! (plus, when I open Chrome, it cause the CPU hit 100%.) And it happens randomly so when I lend my friend the computer and switch to another computer, it maybe will be happen.
My laptop is: Latitude E4300
RAM: 4GB
SSD: 111.7 GB (maybe?)
CPU: Core 2 Duo SP400
GPU: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
So can you guys expain what's happening and how to fix it?
I will be really thankful for that.

Solution
Looking at the specs alone, this is a very dated laptop. Having only two cores with dated architecture, along with 4GB of RAM, it will struggle heavily in the modern world. It's possible that the thermal paste has dried up and not efficiently transferring heat - but that would not address this hardwares deeper issue.

It's also likely this laptop has what we call "bloatware". Aka, unnecessary applications running in the background, consuming very valuable resources that this PC absolutely does not have to spare. It would take a trained eye to spot bloatware whilst also conferring with the user whether they actually use said application that may appear as bloatware.
Hi guys, I'm having a trouble with my laptop. It slow down by ancidently even I didn't do anything harm to my computer. So I got it 4 times, 3 times because of I messed up with it (I admit). And another time it slow down by itself, and haven't do anything to it yet! (plus, when I open Chrome, it cause the CPU hit 100%.) And it happens randomly so when I lend my friend the computer and switch to another computer, it maybe will be happen.
My laptop is: Latitude E4300
RAM: 4GB
SSD: 111.7 GB (maybe?)
CPU: Core 2 Duo SP400
GPU: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
So can you guys expain what's happening and how to fix it?
I will be really thankful for that.
Could be 101 reason. Anywhere from windows system problems or drivers, malware, overheating etc.

NameChanged38

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
Looking at the specs alone, this is a very dated laptop. Having only two cores with dated architecture, along with 4GB of RAM, it will struggle heavily in the modern world. It's possible that the thermal paste has dried up and not efficiently transferring heat - but that would not address this hardwares deeper issue.

It's also likely this laptop has what we call "bloatware". Aka, unnecessary applications running in the background, consuming very valuable resources that this PC absolutely does not have to spare. It would take a trained eye to spot bloatware whilst also conferring with the user whether they actually use said application that may appear as bloatware.

Reactions: TheNewcomerNam
Solution
Jan 4, 2022

Yeah, that's right- But thanks! So actually I have disabled all the startup now, and I also uninstall unnecessary programs before the 4th time happen.
Another plus, The main program causes this is Chrome, and I check there are no programs running in the background. And I doesn't have enough money to buy a laptop yet.

Last edited: