Question My old pc stopped working and my new one won’t post

Sep 24, 2021
So I recently had my pc mobo fry on me because it was a really old one from a random Lenovo pc. I ended up ordering a new mobo cpu and ram. I put it all together and when I turn it on all the mobo lights and the fans are working but nothing displays on the motheboard.

Setup: Gtx 1060 3gb
Intel i5 9600kf
MPG Z390 Gaming Plus
Cx550 power supply

So I recently had my pc mobo fry on me because it was a really old one from a random Lenovo pc. I ended up ordering a new mobo cpu and ram. I put it all together and when I turn it on all the mobo lights and the fans are working but nothing displays on the motheboard.

Intel i5 9600kf
MPG Z390 Gaming Plus
Cx550 power supply
You have no GPU

the F in I5 9600kf means it has no integrated gpu, hence you wont have image

When I built it I had my GPU in also with the monitor connected to it
Have you tried breadboarding?

ravin_29

Commendable
Mar 24, 2019
try resetting CMOS and also try re-seating RAM. Sometimes after you remove and re-insert RAM system exhibits this behavior. It happened in my case, brand new system would just power on but did not POST. After I re-seated RAM stick 2 - 3 times finally it started to work. Just a small try. Do check it out.

Intel i5 9600kf
MPG Z390 Gaming Plus
Cx550 power supply
Have you tried manually (spam delete key) getting into the BIOS?

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2021
I want to thank everyone for their help on my issue. In the end I found the LED on my motherboard which said the CPU had an issue. Some of the pins on the motherboard cpu socket were bent. I’m getting a buddy to fix them now. Thank you all for your help.