[SOLVED] My Old PC sucks very much

Feb 17, 2019
Hello Guys, Can anyone please help me out with a solution for my problem. I have an old PC that lags very much. I can't even stream YouTube videos on it, the videos tend to be very laggy even at 144p. I suspect that may be because of the old processor. Can anyone suggest me a solution for this. I won't play any games and stuffs. I just need my PC to perform decent on my day-to-day usage such ah browsing, streaming videos, etc.

My system configurations are:
Windows 10 Home single language
Intel Pentium E2140 @ 1.6Ghz processor
I have an 1Gb and 512 Mb DDR2 ram sticks inserted
Also, I don't think I have a graphics card installed in my system. I could see from CPU-Z application that the GPU was mentioned as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. Pls suggest me some solutions.

Feb 17, 2019
@dudeman509 Thanks for the reply actually. However, I'm not much into this kinda technical things. Can you please let me know what drivers should I install now. Also, shouldn't I have installed windows 10 in my PC (assuming that was the reason for my problem).

Achaios

Honorable
BANNED
May 28, 2013
Nobody can help you.

Your CPU was extremely slow even for 2008 when it was first sold. It is inadequate for anything apart from poorly running Word and Excel and perhaps Tetris.

Buy a modern laptop or desktop PC.

Azzyasi

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
Look on the back. Where do you have your monitor hooked? on motherboard rear panel or on a bracket/discrete videocard?

Open up the case (the left panel usually) and post here whatever codes you see on the motherboard and/or post a picture here. If you see a discrete graphics card you can look on it for stickers on the pcb side or fan side and post here. You can even remove it to carefully inspect what model do you have.

Either way, post here whatever model you find to guide you to the correct drivers.

It won't be much since the computer is really old, but having the drivers insalled will greatly improve some basic tasks.

Feb 17, 2019
Look on the back. Where do you have your monitor hooked? on motherboard rear panel or on a bracket/discrete videocard?

Open up the case (the left panel usually) and post here whatever codes you see on the motherboard and/or post a picture here. If you see a discrete graphics card you can look on it for stickers on the pcb side or fan side and post here. You can even remove it to carefully inspect what model do you have.

Either way, post here whatever model you find to guide you to the correct drivers.

It won't be much since the computer is really old, but having the drivers insalled will greatly improve some basic tasks.

Thank you. Let me look for it.

Feb 17, 2019
Nobody can help you.

Your CPU was extremely slow even for 2008 when it was first sold. It is inadequate for anything apart from half-assedly running Word and Excel and perhaps Tetris.

Buy a modern laptop or desktop PC.
Thank you. Couldn't I install a new processes on my old CPU. If it's possible, what are the things that I shold note down before going to a shop to purchase a new processor.

Feb 17, 2019
It's on an LGA775 socket. Even if it is possible to put a new processor in, it still would be strongly suggested that you get your hands on a more modern computer. LGA 775 is close to 10 years old. That's quite old for a CPU.
@ajpaolello Thanks for the reply. BTW, What are all the components that I should get for building a whole new PC in the same cabinet. Also, will I be able to use the same storage and dvd writer in the new PC? I'm if this sounds very weird as I'm null in technology and computer.

Well, being that it is a desktop from Lenovo, i would say it is unlike that you can keep the case. Not sure what proprietary parts is used in their case but a motherboard might not fit inside. Would need to see the motherboard and get dimensions to even begin to guess

As for reusing parts I would need to see the cables the storage and dvd writer are using. If they are using a SATA cable, then yes should not be a problem (might want to clear the OS of the storage drive though). If they use an IDE cable though, I would say no. IDE is a large ribbon cable while SATA is smaller thinner cable.

Feb 17, 2019
Well, being that it is a desktop from Lenovo, i would say it is unlike that you can keep the case. Not sure what proprietary parts is used in their case but a motherboard might not fit inside. Would need to see the motherboard and get dimensions to even begin to guess

As for reusing parts I would need to see the cables the storage and dvd writer are using. If they are using a SATA cable, then yes should not be a problem (might want to clear the OS of the storage drive though). If they use an IDE cable though, I would say no. IDE is a large ribbon cable while SATA is smaller thinner cable.
I can send you the photographs required if you could give me your email address.