Question My ongoing crashing issue

Elprokan

Prominent
Aug 3, 2020
Hey, thank you for reading my post and trying to help because I'm becoming more and more desperate,
It's a semi-complicated issue but I'll try to make it as short and coherent as possible. I'm having an ongoing pc crashing problem for almost 10 months.
Brief history of what I did and what happened before:

I upgraded my PC, basically fully except GPU and PSU and everything worked well for like 4 months.
After that period, my PC started crashing randomly, sometimes it ran for couple of days, other times even weeks before it crashing again,
Sometimes just turning on and off power button on the power extension socket was enough, other times I had to re-plug my GPU before it started working again.
All temperatures were ok, so it wasn't overheating.

Knowing that I thought GPU might be the issue so I borrowed a new one, rx 590 and the same thing happened. It crashed after couple of days again,
However that crash was different, I heard loud fan spinning on gpu, it ramped up to 100% before crashing.
So I was convinced now that the old PSU must be the issue, because after that I had an accident where I saw literall smoke coming off from my pc case.

I inspected everything, even PSU but nothing seemed to be damaged, I was even able to start the pc again after an hour or so.
Anyway I bought new PSU, my old one was Corsair CX600 80+ bronze and I replaced it with Corsair TX750M 80+ Gold.

Unfortunatelly that did not help it and I experienced another crash. But this time, probably because this new PSU is built different, having an additional failsafe mechanism or something in that nature, I wasn't able to start the computer again... well at least not normally. I had to use my old PSU to "kickstart" my PC so it would work again.

I assume old PSU did not have that safe mechanism and that was the reason I was able to start my pc normally.
Somehow after "kickstarting" pc with my old PSU, I was able to reconnect my new PSU again and for some wierd reason, it worked normally.
I googled and asked around and I was told that I need to test different power extension socket and plug it to a different socket.
That miraculously fixed it... so I thought... Today, after 4 months I experienced another crash. Pc won't boot and I will have to "kickstart" it with old PSU again it seems.
Should I call an electrician or where do you think the issue may be?

Last edited:

Elprokan

Prominent
Aug 3, 2020
Forgot to add pc spec, sorry.

GPU: Sapphire r9 280x dual-x
Mobo: Asus TUF gaming b550-plus
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO Red
RAM: Corsair 2x8GB kit DDR4 3200 MHz CL16
SSD : ADATA Ultimate SU650 SSD 240 GB
HDD : Seagate BarraCuda HDD 1 TB