[SOLVED] My optiplex 790 is not booting.

Jan 2, 2019
I have a optiplex 790 and decided to add a 1050 ti and 600w psu but after putting the 1050 and the psu it wasnt posting. So i put the gt 710 (my old gpu) and the old psu but it still didnt post. Ive tried the integrated graphics but still nothing. Ive changed PCIe slots and still no post. (When i took the mobo out of the case it was kinda rough so i don't know if i messed up somthing when getting it out

Solution
See if it will boot into SAFE MODE (F8). Probably with the old GPU. Create a System Restore point, and remove the old GPU drivers. Then in Safe Mode + Internet install the new GPU and drivers. It may require full WIndows to install them but it will run in Safe Mode video Resolution until they're installed.
You might try putting the Dell PSU back in. It can power the GTX 1050Ti just fine.
Dells PSU ratings are continuos, not peak "momentary" advertised power the aftermarket uses. Typically they put out 50-100W more when tested than their rated power.
https://www.hardwareinsights.com/dell-h305p-01-power-supply-review/
Jun 25, 2018
Okay. The issue is not clear. Can you get to the BIOS settings or not? Try picking out RAM and Re-insering it. Make sure all cables are connected in motherboard. Sometimes, after replacing PSU, rookies forget plugging in the cable of a heatsink fan. Also verify if your GPU needs external power supply.

Jan 2, 2019
it dosent show anything on the moniter at all. Ive already reinserted all my ram and to prevail nothing ive pluged in all the cables and my GPU does need external power but ive already plugged it in.

See if it will boot into SAFE MODE (F8). Probably with the old GPU. Create a System Restore point, and remove the old GPU drivers. Then in Safe Mode + Internet install the new GPU and drivers. It may require full WIndows to install them but it will run in Safe Mode video Resolution until they're installed.
You might try putting the Dell PSU back in. It can power the GTX 1050Ti just fine.
Dells PSU ratings are continuos, not peak "momentary" advertised power the aftermarket uses. Typically they put out 50-100W more when tested than their rated power.
https://www.hardwareinsights.com/dell-h305p-01-power-supply-review/

Solution