Question My OS BSoDs on boot, so I created a system restore point so I can format the drive, but I can't copy the restore point.

idanlol7856

Commendable
Jul 3, 2017
I have the OS as a windows.old folder, because like a complete and total idiot I thought reinstalling windows twice would automatically fix the issue. Spoiler alert, it did not. I also have another SSHD with Windows, so I can access the old hard drive whenever I want to.

But when I try to copy the system restore file I created, I can't. It won't let me. I have already gave myself full permissions over the file. I have no idea what to do. If you have questions, I will edit this and reply.

Colif

Win 11 Master
But when I try to copy the system restore file I created, I can't. It won't let me.

system restore file or backup?
what were you hoping to achieve with this file?

system restore likely a trustedinstaller file. or System. they both users windows needs to do its job.

you can't easily copy registry settings between installs, so you likely have to reinstall most of your programs. Copy anything onto sshd you want to save.

idanlol7856

Commendable
Jul 3, 2017
system restore file or backup?
what were you hoping to achieve with this file?

system restore likely a trustedinstaller file. or System. they both users windows needs to do its job.

you can't easily copy registry settings between installs, so you likely have to reinstall most of your programs. Copy anything onto sshd you want to save.
I don't know, I searched online how to copy a system restore file, in the hopes of taking it, backing it up, formatting the drive, installing windows and using that after I install Windows to bring back most of the stuff. I know it doesn't affect files or applications, but it will be easier to use it and then start copying backed up applications and files from my external drive.