My other laptop using ethernet can get speed up to 600 mbs but when i change to my this laptop, i only can get 100 mbs on ethe

WeiJie999

Reputable
Feb 14, 2016
My other laptop using ethernet can get speed up to 600 mbs but when i change to my this laptop, i only can get 100 mbs on ethernet?

Any idea? I updated all my drivers to the latest version already.

Solution
What are your network interface card specs on each laptop?
are you using the same router for both?
check your line speed should be set to fixed 1000 duplex if your ISP provides to you at 1000 Mbps
lastly does your router support GigaE
finally what type of ethernet cable are you using? I use Cat 7 or at the very least Cat 6a Giga E cable all support 1 Gbps and cat 7 will support up to 40 Gbps providing you have the nice network interface cards onboard. the Intel makes a nice card, expensive albeit but worth it.

Hope this helps

webdevii

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
What are your network interface card specs on each laptop?
are you using the same router for both?
check your line speed should be set to fixed 1000 duplex if your ISP provides to you at 1000 Mbps
lastly does your router support GigaE
finally what type of ethernet cable are you using? I use Cat 7 or at the very least Cat 6a Giga E cable all support 1 Gbps and cat 7 will support up to 40 Gbps providing you have the nice network interface cards onboard. the Intel makes a nice card, expensive albeit but worth it.

Hope this helps

Solution