Question My overheating issue

Apr 3, 2023
I recently installed and arctic freezer 34 esports duo and had some problems with the cpu pins bending, I fixed this and cleaned it up and it booted up again. However when I turned it on the idle temps were upwards of 110 Celsius. My specs are ryzen 5 5600x, 3060 ti, gigabyte b550 x v2, 2 8gb sticks of vengeance ram, 650w corsair power supply and 2TB crucial ssd, how would I fix this or know what wrong

pwrreset

Distinguished
May 12, 2013
Of course it's not properly installed, you'd have better temp leaving it without heatsink. You need to redo everything. Did you check guides on youtube on how to best apply thermal paste and how much to use? if not I suggest you do. Also, once it's properly secured, try wiggling it a little bit (don't apply a lot of force). If the motherboard moves with it, it's tight enough, if it moves but the motherboard does not move, it's not properly attached. Doing this will also spread the thermal paste and help get a better contact.

The purpose of paste is to fill in microscopic air pits in the mating surfaces.
Air is a poor conductor of heat so paste is better.
But, paste is nowhere as good a conductor as metal to metal contact.
If the paste overflowed at all, you used too much.
It is hard to use too little.
Another possible problem is that you may not have mounted the cooler level.
You need to tighten down the screws a little bit at a time in a criss-cross pattern to get the cooler on level.

Apr 3, 2023
Of course it's not properly installed, you'd have better temp leaving it without heatsink. You need to redo everything. Did you check guides on youtube on how to best apply thermal paste and how much to use? if not I suggest you do. Also, once it's properly secured, try wiggling it a little bit (don't apply a lot of force). If the motherboard moves with it, it's tight enough, if it moves but the motherboard does not move, it's not properly attached. Doing this will also spread the thermal paste and help get a better contact.
Thank you for your time, I’ve been able to fix the issue