[SOLVED] My overwatch is acting very weirdly and id love help with this. Its not supposed to be like this...

TheCitruss

Prominent
Aug 12, 2019
More time has passed and yet my overwatch problem is active and remaining. Ive done all i can to try and fix this and now i have another thing that maybe could be the problem.
Alright so… I played in around GM before i got this pc and everything was fine (except for the fact that my old pc was very bad so i bought a new one. However now fps, latency and overall statistics are more than enough but this problem is still remaining after 6months of owning this pc.
If i can describe this problem as good as i can then id say its like this:
In aim arenas (custom lobbys) my aim is exacly how i know it is and how it was before (smooth, accurate and overall a correct feeling to play) It feels like it SHOULD. But by more and more “bigger” gamemodes it gets worse and worse dramaticly. Its basically like this (Aim arena= amazing, Widow hs lobbys= not as good but works, comp/qp= not even remotly close. In comp it feels
just in general sloppy, flouty, unresponsive, inaccurate and very “messy” even if my fps is good and stable… Latency aswell is no problem.
My specs on this pc is:
2060 6gb
i7 8700
16gb (2666mhz)
144hz monitor
Im speculating that maybe the ram is what brings me down? Since ive heard overwatch is very ram based. (Ive talked to several streamers and people that play hitscan in top 500 and all of them said i minimun need a 3-3.2k mhz ram. Is there anyway to know for sure since i dont have alot of money and i wanna be careful before i waste it on something that may not even help.
Ive done all types of checks withing the game such as the overwatch recommended tips but none has worked, i simply think something within either the pc (the ram) or its something else… I dont know, im lost after all these months.
But i beg to find the solution to this. I can even say i played professionally with my old pc and i really hate not being able to play in my actual elo…
What more can i say. For everyone reading this, i dont care if you dont know alot about pcs or so on. but PLEASE even if its obvious and simple please recommend any sort of tips since im very desperate and i want this fixed for so long.
Thanks.

EDIT: I might think its actually my screen ruining me. Its a Missions sg em24144 and was the cheapest 144hz i could find. It doesnt have that good reviews either. Thoughts? I tried playing on my old screen (its a work screen (60hz) but costs around 400-500 euros) so its not cheap shit and i think i feel like i play better on the 60hz rather than the 144hz which kinda proves my theory.

Last edited:

thekillerx10

Honorable
Apr 12, 2018
More time has passed and yet my overwatch problem is active and remaining. Ive done all i can to try and fix this and now i have another thing that maybe could be the problem.
Alright so… I played in around GM before i got this pc and everything was fine (except for the fact that my old pc was very bad so i bought a new one. However now fps, latency and overall statistics are more than enough but this problem is still remaining after 6months of owning this pc.
If i can describe this problem as good as i can then id say its like this:
In aim arenas (custom lobbys) my aim is exacly how i know it is and how it was before (smooth, accurate and overall a correct feeling to play) It feels like it SHOULD. But by more and more “bigger” gamemodes it gets worse and worse dramaticly. Its basically like this (Aim arena= amazing, Widow hs lobbys= not as good but works, comp/qp= not even remotly close. In comp it feels
just in general sloppy, flouty, unresponsive, inaccurate and very “messy” even if my fps is good and stable… Latency aswell is no problem.
My specs on this pc is:
2060 6gb
i7 8700
16gb (2666mhz)
144hz monitor
Im speculating that maybe the ram is what brings me down? Since ive heard overwatch is very ram based. (Ive talked to several streamers and people that play hitscan in top 500 and all of them said i minimun need a 3-3.2k mhz ram. Is there anyway to know for sure since i dont have alot of money and i wanna be careful before i waste it on something that may not even help.
Ive done all types of checks withing the game such as the overwatch recommended tips but none has worked, i simply think something within either the pc (the ram) or its something else… I dont know, im lost after all these months.
But i beg to find the solution to this. I can even say i played professionally with my old pc and i really hate not being able to play in my actual elo…
What more can i say. For everyone reading this, i dont care if you dont know alot about pcs or so on. but PLEASE even if its obvious and simple please recommend any sort of tips since im very desperate and i want this fixed for so long.
Thanks.
what is the latency of your ram?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Onnly thing to try then is tightening timings. If you want to,just set max voltage for the ram (in this case is 1.35V enough) and lower the first four latencies each at a time by one and test go on until instability then back off un til stable.
If the bios lets you do this of course and if willing.;)

TheCitruss

Prominent
Aug 12, 2019
Onnly thing to try then is tightening timings. If you want to,just set max voltage for the ram (in this case is 1.35V enough) and lower the first four latencies each at a time by one and test go on until instability then back off un til stable.
If the bios lets you do this of course and if willing.;)
Alright i see! There will be a little change of plans however as if you check the edit in my post i talked about my screen probably being the problem. So as christmas is around the corner ill gather money and buy myself a real gaming 240hz monitor and if the problem remains ill gladly try the ram thingy!

TheCitruss

Prominent
Aug 12, 2019
Well if you can afford a good faster screen go ahead,just don't make the same mistake.
Ofc not. Ive been talking to alot of people about what monitor to get. And ive decided to buy the Asus ROG strix XG258Q since it seems to be really good. I really hope this will solve my problem otherwise ill be back to keep experimenting (and i wont be sad about buying a new screen since i AWLAYS wanted a 240hz :)))

Ofc not. Ive been talking to alot of people about what monitor to get. And ive decided to buy the Asus ROG strix XG258Q since it seems to be really good. I really hope this will solve my problem otherwise ill be back to keep experimenting (and i wont be sad about buying a new screen since i AWLAYS wanted a 240hz :)))
That monitor is so expensive for a 25 inch size. My 34" one wasn't much more 5 years ago, although it is a standard 60Hz WQHD one.

TheCitruss

Prominent
Aug 12, 2019
That looks great.(y)There are cheaper options,just saying.;)

Hope as wel that it will fix issues,not the cheapest way to do it,but satisfying. 😁
Im willing to pay to fix this hahaha. I know theres tons of cheaper options but if im gonna get something thats quite expensive in general. Then its gonna be de best of ze best. :)

TheCitruss

Prominent
Aug 12, 2019