[SOLVED] My pc acting weird after installing completely new HDD

Dragonrendx

Prominent
Feb 1, 2020
So, my old HDD was causing problems, did a lot of noise and made weird "kkchh kkchh" noises sometimes, so i bought a new one. I'll send a link for a youtube video demonstration:
Demonstration
So, now it makes weird crackling noises at start up. My pc always made weird noises at start up, even with the other HDD. I don't think it can be component malfunction since all the parts are new. I built my pc myself at exactly 24th of December, like a month and a half ago when i got the parts. Also, a red light is on on the motherboard, on the part it says VGA.
Maybe its a problem with the cables related to the motherboard? Idk man i am thoroughly confused. If someone can help me i would truly appreciate it :)

Solution
Oh and btw my pc starts with a beep
Is that fine? Like a loud high pitched one beep
That motherboard (like many models) reports system startup status by issuing beep codes. One single short beep
is made when no problem is detected at system startup.
If you don't want to hear the beep, you could disable it in the BIOS, but you won't be able to know when an issue is detected.
I don't hear anything wrong since that's the sound and a HDD makes when the platters are spinning and the actuator arm is accessing data.
I have not use a HDD as a booting drive in a while but I have several HDD used as storage...they all make similar sounds.
I am upgrading a system with a Barracuda pro and a WD Red pro and they sound even louder than that unit.

You could get the USB diagnostic tool from Seagate and check the health of the drive.

Last edited:

Dragonrendx

Prominent
Feb 1, 2020
Rx 5700 XT
i5 10400f
H470 HD3
HyperX 3000Mhz Cl15 2x8
The red vga light was always on, and I couldn't figure out why. It disappears after like 2 seconds in boot though

The red vga light was always on, and I couldn't figure out why. It disappears after like 2 seconds in boot though
If the VGA light disappears after POST, then that's normal.

Are you sure the sound is normal? I have used other computers in the past and none made this scary sound
Some HDDs make more noise than others. The sound could be related to the speed of the HDDs.
Do you know if those computers, without scary sound, have an HDD? They could have SSDs, which make no sounds, since SSDs do not have moving parts.

Oh and btw my pc starts with a beep
Is that fine? Like a loud high pitched one beep
That motherboard (like many models) reports system startup status by issuing beep codes. One single short beep
is made when no problem is detected at system startup.
If you don't want to hear the beep, you could disable it in the BIOS, but you won't be able to know when an issue is detected.

Solution