Question My pc auto restarts under load

ashraf909

Honorable
Aug 20, 2015
Hello , few months ago i had this issue when my pc auto resets under loads (not heavy)
MY rig was :
i7 6700k
msi z170a gaming pro
gigabyte gtx 1080 gaming
psu : coolermaster 650 w bronze 80+

the cpu/gpu temps was fair never was a problem

then i made reset to windows and software and cleant all hardware and re attached everything and upgraded my gpu to rtx 3070
my pc ran smoothly under heavy loads for months (even at max settings cyberpunk 2077)

but since a week the issue returned

so i made cpu stress with prime95 and no problem and stress gpu with furmark and no problem as well
when i run them both at same time my pc just restart instantly

so do you think it's psu problem ?
i don't wanna buy another psu and then the issue remains as i am low in budget nowadays
thanks in advance for help

Lutfij

Titan
You need to monitor your temps for the system using HWMonitor. Parse a screenshot of what you see when taxed, when idling and when you're doing minor work on the system. Keeping an eye exactly when the system restarts can give you an indication if it's thermal related.

You might want to mention the model for your PSU. Coolermaster is the brand while 650W is the wattage, not it's model from their portfolio.

ashraf909

Honorable
Aug 20, 2015
You need to monitor your temps for the system using HWMonitor. Parse a screenshot of what you see when taxed, when idling and when you're doing minor work on the system. Keeping an eye exactly when the system restarts can give you an indication if it's thermal related.

You might want to mention the model for your PSU. Coolermaster is the brand while 650W is the wattage, not it's model from their portfolio.
i always monitor my temp while working
my temp when normal load dosen't exceed 64 c for gpu and 50 c for cpu
and that's the same temp when auto restarts happens
even under stress gpu barely gets to 74 and cpu to 65
so i don't think it's related to thermal

ashraf909

Honorable
Aug 20, 2015

Psu model :Cooler Master GM Series G650M / 650W / Modular / 80+ Bronze