[SOLVED] My PC becomes very laggy and my sound is choppy after about 10 minutes of being on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2021
When I turn on my computer, the first 10 minutes of it being on are perfectly fine, but then everything feels like it is at 5 fps and the audio is very choppy. This issue goes away after a restart or shutdown but then comes back after 10 minutes of being on. I have already tried everything I know, I removed malware, checked for viruses, downloaded the latest drivers for everything, I am on the latest version of Windows, and I tried troubleshooting in the control center, and still nothing. It is also not temperatures, as my CPU is under 50°C and my GPU is under 35°C, and my motherboard VRMs and ram are also under 40°C. My cpu, gpu, ram, internet, and storage usage is under 10% on idle and is under 40% while I am doing stuff. idk if this matters but my pc specs are:
Ryzen 7 3800X
32(4x8)gb 3600mhz ddr4 from corsair
Asus crosshair VIII Hero (X570)
1tb nvme ssd pcie gen4 (MP600 by Corsair)
2080ti
1000w PSU (Corsair H1000i)
CPU and GPU have custom water cooling from Corsair (Hydro X)
1 front 360mm rad and one top 240mm rad
3 front intake 120mm fans, 1 rear exhaust 120mm fan, 2 top exhaust 120mm fans (Corsair LL120) (They are all set to max RPM which is 1700)
4tb external hdd by western digital
Is there anything else I can do? Please let me know, anything will help. This was my first build and I don't think I messed it up. It was built around black Friday of 2019.

Jan 4, 2021
The storage is constantly changing between 0% and 1%, and it is being used by my browser, system, and Corsair Icue. Below is a screenshot of Task Manager
Yes, the malware scanned the system and the 14 threats were quarantined.
Task_Manager.png

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2021
I just got a new windows install and everything seems to be good. No more feeling like 1 fps and no more choppy audio, even after 10 minutes. Thanks so much! if anyone else has a similar issue, tell them to also get a new install, it fixes the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.