Question My pc boots into bios but altu shuts off when booting into manjaro linux.

Mar 6, 2022
I had an athlon le 1640 cpu with a radeon hd 7770 before, i recently changed my motherboard and installed a phenom ii X6. Before it was working properly and i was properly able to boot into manjaro. But after the cpu and mobo change, i can boot into bios but not in manjaro. I tried another Harddrive i had with windows 7 and still the same problem. It freezes on the windows logo and restarts. Also my cpu fans goes crazy soon as i turn my pc on.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When you swap your motherboard, you're advised to reinstall the OS as opposed to recycling your older platform's OS drive. For the sake of relvance, can you please parse the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Given how you performed an upgrade, we're going to see two sets of specs, one before and one after. As for the PSU, what is the age of the unit apart from it's make and model?

Mar 6, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When you swap your motherboard, you're advised to reinstall the OS as opposed to recycling your older platform's OS drive. For the sake of relvance, can you please parse the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Given how you performed an upgrade, we're going to see two sets of specs, one before and one after. As for the PSU, what is the age of the unit apart from it's make and model?
CPU- phenom ii X6 1055t
Graphics card- radeon hd 7770
Mobo- msi 890gxm g65
Power supply- supercomp 450 watt
Drive- 1tb seagate barracuda
Ram- kingston kvr 4gb +2gb
OS- manjaro linux
Monitor- acer al1916w
Chassis- supercomp some old model

Damn! You too quick to find the problem, i totally forgot about the power supply. I had gotten the pc from a relative with the athlon le 1640 and asus mx se plus mobo and that power supply was already there. I took the spare msi mobo and cpu from my office and put it in here.