Question My PC boots to recovery with error code 0xc0000017

GoTaco

Commendable
Jun 4, 2017
So yesterday I was gaming on it just fine like nothing was wrong and woke up today to get ready to play apex season 2 and for some reason when I booted into windows it was being super slow so I went to restart and I get a blue screen saying "the operating system couldnt be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors."

I'm given the option to press enter to try again or f8 to enter startup if I proceed to click ether option it just loops back to the same screen. I was told it could be my hardware so tried switching out for old parts to see if a certain part was faulty after going through every part I'm sure that's not the case and that it is indeed windows I then went to make a bootable windows creation tool on my USB with my streaming PC but when I go back to actual try booting it (yes I do put in the front of the boot order) it won't boot it just goes straight to the same blue recovery screen so I have no idea what to do and if anyone could possibly help I would greatly appreciate it.

Exactly what parts did you replace? Did you try different memory sticks (the error is a memory error, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's you RAM. First unplug your PC and push the power button for 10 seconds which will flush the RAM wait 10 minutes then plug your PC back in and try to boot. If that doesn't help, try running your PC with just one stick of memory and switch off if it doesn't boot.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS