[SOLVED] My PC boots up and works fine but I can’t open bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2021
I recently changed my cooler on my pc that’s all and when I turned it on I noticed it wasn’t showing the screen saying hit delete for bios. But when I reset my system and hit delete I get a black screen and and a code 02 or o2 turn off and on and it loads like normal and runs fine. I hit the cmos button on the back and same thing just a black screen. It works fine but I can’t get to my bios. I have a MSI Meg x570 ace with a AMD 3900x 32gb ddr4 3600 and a RTX2080

Solution
its nice to know it still works though, even if you don't need to get in now. You might one day.

I don't know if the bios would think to show on a VR headset. I don't know how bios picks what output on gpu to use, i guess it must be saved somewhere in its settings. Can't really change it if you can't see it.

Highly unlikely it would send it to any video out other than GPU on a Ryzen CPU

A storm just hit but once it has passed I will see what I can find.
Good news I fixed the issue. I swap the the display port my VR head set was in and left the HDMI for the monitor alone and the bios works again. No clue why the port my VR was in affected it but it works now

Colif

Win 11 Master
well, we know bios is working cause PC wouldn't otherwise.
Do you need to go in or you just want to?

Could try this
go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now button
this restarts PC in a blue menu
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
Choose UEFI Firmware Interface
click restart
It should put you in the bios from here

Could try using a different connector on monitor/gpu as it might be on HDMI if you use DP

Jan 5, 2021
well, we know bios is working cause PC wouldn't otherwise.
Do you need to go in or you just want to?

Could try this
go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now button
this restarts PC in a blue menu
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
Choose UEFI Firmware Interface
click restart
It should put you in the bios from here

Could try using a different connector on monitor/gpu as it might be on HDMI if you use DP
I don’t need to enter it my OC days are long past I just found it odd. but come to think about it my gpu has 2 display ports and when I plugging everything in I did switch the one my VR was in but the monitor it’s self is in HDMI so I don’t know if that may have been it

Colif

Win 11 Master
its nice to know it still works though, even if you don't need to get in now. You might one day.

I don't know if the bios would think to show on a VR headset. I don't know how bios picks what output on gpu to use, i guess it must be saved somewhere in its settings. Can't really change it if you can't see it.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021

Good news I fixed the issue. I swap the the display port my VR head set was in and left the HDMI for the monitor alone and the bios works again. No clue why the port my VR was in affected it but it works now

Reactions: Colif
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS