My pc boots up but once it starts loading windows it shuts down

NINJA_5

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
My pc boots up and everything and will stay on no matter what until i get to the wondows login screen or where it asks me what operaing system i want to boot up recovery or regular windows 8.1 and both when i login and when i choose which one i want it loads for about 3-5 seconds then completely shuts my pc off

I just bought a new 750watt psu from corsair

I also am pretty sure the hdd works because i pulled it out of my old pc and it worked with no problems

I think it may be the mobo but im just guessing and buying so i dont want to do that again so please help

I will gladly respond and work through everything with you

Thanks

Pc specs:
R9 380 2gb
Amd fx quad core proccessor
Corsair cx 750w psu
3 corsair red led fans
500GB hard drive
Gigabyte atx 12v ddr3 mobo

If the HDD has an OS installed on another system, then that will be your issue. You can't just Plug and Play.
Your system crashes because of a lack of correct drivers or mismatched hardware.
It is best you do a clean OS install. Back up any important files, format the drive and do a clean install.

NINJA_5

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
I already installed the drivers for the new hardware because sometimes it does work and i get about an hour or less to be on it so thats what i did i already did a system reset to default windows before i did that though. Also its lately even been shutting off while im in the bios and it kinda works like a battery most of the time its like the more i leave it alone and dont turn it on the longer it stays on but it doesnt happen enymore now that i got a new psu it just shuts off after about 5 minutes

It may be shutting off after 5mins when an incorrect driver is addressed or a Windows service.

Go into Device Manager and check for any yellow triangles.
Also check with Event Viewer for critical events.

I would have recommended to change your CMOS battery however, you can boot so the problem lies within Windows.

NINJA_5

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
I do not get what you mean by look for yellow triangles also yes just now i have gotten into windows but it shut off before i got to do enything i have also removed the battery about five times because i heard it would help also ive reset the cmos 3 times it all still works but no matter what i do on my computer whether its windows or bios it will shut down after five minutes

Yellow triangles against drivers indicate a driver issue and should be deleted and updated.
If the system also shuts down inside Bios then you have a possible hardware issue.
Sometimes a Bios update to latest version helps with stability and to address latest RAM.

You can also go into Safe Mode to see if it still shuts down. If it is OK then check Services.
You can check your services using Services.msc

NINJA_5

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
http://
http://
0lGIfBP

NINJA_5

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
I was just reading through what youve helped me with so far thanks btw

Also i saw that you said go into safe mode what is that and how do i enter

Sorry if i dont know much its my first pc and im only 14 so yeh

If you have found errors NINJA_5, then list them. describe where and what they are.?

Getting to safe mode varies with MB function key. You have a Gigabyte board so list the version. If not sure then you can get the details in CPUz if you have it.?

NINJA_5

Commendable
Dec 1, 2016
Its just about how it shut off unexpectedly and gave suggestions why and also that windows has shutdown unexpectedly

The second error showed up more recently im guessing when i replaced my psu and then windows started acting up

But ive been on my pc for about 4 hours now and its only shut off once when i tried to render something but idk if it just crashed or its still acting up

Shutting down unexpectedly would report that error however rendering puts a stress on your system and depending on the file could overheat the system and cause a shut down.
What temperatures are being recorded in HWMonitor. If you don't have it then download to your desktop.
I edited my previous post btw.

If you want to stress test your system NINJA, download AIDA64, its free for a month and will test all of your systems and sub systems. Go to the Tools menu in AIDA64 and select to run the tests, You will be presented with a number of tests. Check the boxes for what test you want to do. If not sure of the results then take screen shots during the test and link the results here.

It is important to get into Safe Mode NINJA to eliminate the possibility of a none MS service or driver failure causing your issues.

I know your only 14 lucky you, however 14 year olds who have an interest retain everything and learn fast. If it gets too confusing seek help from family or school. I will also be here to help.