My PC boots up to the desktop, stays on for about 5-7 second and then shuts down

Jun 8, 2018
Last night my PC was working fine, I woke up today and tried to switch it on and the following Happened.
I press the power button and it boots up normally, enter my password and it shows the desktop but then, about 5-7 seconds my screen shows a small black dos box kind of window and then I get the shutting down windows text on my screen.

I couldn't find a similar problem hence posting this, not even sure if it's the right sub forum

stdragon

Admirable
From your description, it seems like a process is starting up that's initiating a shutdown.

Try booting into Windows Safe Mode and see if your still have the issue. If the problem goes away, then it's safe to assume you've got a process withing your Windows startup environment causing it.

run MSCONFIG in run/search bar for more info

Jun 8, 2018
I opened up safe mode and the PC shut down when I tried to delete a file which had a name like 1r2nv2 which was showing up in startup in task manager by opening up it's file location. I tried this twice and as soon as I delete it, my PC shuts down