[SOLVED] My pc boots when my cpu cable is unplugged.

Jun 14, 2021
Recently, my pc stopped working. When I held the power button the fans moved for like a millisecond and then stopped. I unplugged everything and plugged it back in, nothing happened. I reseated the ram and cleaned them and nothing happened again. Since I had a spare psu around i tried it but nothing happened. Then i unplugged my cpu power cord and the pc turned on. I’m not sure what’s wrong. I’m thinking either the motherboard or the cpu.

Parts:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600XT
Mobo: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
Ram: Viper 16gb 8x2 3200hz
PSU: ARESGAME AGV650
GPU: GTX 1650 Super
SSD: Adata 512gb 2.5 sata

Solution
PSU: ARESGAME AGV650
you likely need a new PSU and get one from EVGA, Corsair or Silverstone and it might last more than a year.
That isn't a good brand, I can see them for $40 and I wouldn't trust a PSU that cheap.

What PSU was plugged in when it booted without that cable?
Jun 14, 2021
you likely need a new PSU and get one from EVGA, Corsair or Silverstone and it might last more than a year.
That isn't a good brand, I can see them for $40 and I wouldn't trust a PSU that cheap.

Both of the psus worked when i unplugged the cpu cable. The psu i tried was a VTE COUGAR 600W given from a friend.

TRENDING THREADS