[SOLVED] My PC bottlenecks without the extra 8 GB RAM, but why?

Apr 8, 2020
A few days ago I started playing Call of Duty:Warzone on my PC. Right after I started playing, I realized that my FPS is very unstable. So I went ahead and check the GPU and CPU loads. Then I saw that my GPU was on a bottleneck. GPU works on 60% while the CPU is at 90~95%. I thought that the CPU is bottlenecking my GPU. Which seems to be the case at first. Then I saw people recommending 16 GB RAM for the CoD:Warzone. After that, I had to test the game on 16 GB RAM. I borrowed my friend's 8 GB RAM(2666Mhz) and installed it. BAM. GPU load went to 98~99%. CPU still working on 90~95%.

I immediately ordered an 8 GB RAM today and im waiting for the delivery. In the meantime, since I have free time to spend, I want to ask.

As far as i knew, the CPU is the part that makes GPU to work. The bottleneck balanced between those two. I didn't know RAM can cause a GPU to bottleneck. So what is the explanation in this? I want to be enlightened.

By the way, this bottleneck situation never happened before. This is the first time im experiencing this. But, I don't play as PC-Demanded games as CoD:Warzone. Games i play other than CoD:Warzone:
League of Legends
Counter-Strike:Global Offensive
Forza Horizon 4
and a few other.

My PC Specs:

Intel i3-8100 3.6Ghz
Gigabyte B360M Aorus Gaming 3
Corsair 8 GB @2400Mhz RAM
Asus EX GTX-1060 6 GB
550W Bronze PSU

Any answer and information is appreciated.

Solution
It's not just the cpu feeding the gpu, it's the cpu + ram = gpu.
The cpu and ram work in tandem.
The reason the cpu is still maxed out is because it simply doesn't have enough threads. The game can use up to 8, and your cpu only has 4.

LoL: can run on potato
CSGO: can run on potato
FH4: not 100% on this one, but I think this one's more about gpu horsepower

CoD: W is in a whole other league from the games you've listed so far.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The reason the cpu is still maxed out is because it simply doesn't have enough threads. The game can use up to 8, and your cpu only has 4.

Solution
Apr 8, 2020
I know that CoD:W is another league compared to others. I just installed my new 8 GB RAM and I'm about to try it out. Thanks for the answer!