Question My PC build is very slow and laggy, how do i fix it ?

Sep 11, 2024
Hello everyone!
For the past couple of years, my pc has been very slow. I recently upgraded from a 1660 Ti to a 1080 Ti, and from 8GB RAM to 16GB, but it didn't help very much. MC fps ranges from 50-200fps, and SWJS is around 30-50 fps, but with stutters so bad that it makes the game almost unplayable at times. There are stutters in every game i play, and i can't even play games on google. Some games more than others tho. CSGO runs fine. I wonder if this has something to do with the CPU. So my question is, why does my pc suck so bad? And what do i need to upgrade to make it better, or can i just reset my pc or something.

The specs are:
Motherboard: Don't know what brand
GPU: 1080 Ti 11G
CPU: Intel Core i5-9400F
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200 (2 x 8GB)
SSD: Kingston A400 240GB
HDD: 500GB, don't know what brand
PSU: 650W, don't know what brand

I have tried finding the receipt for my pc, but can't so that's why i can't post the precise components.
Help would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi,

You can first check if all the components you have are running normal or having some issues.

Use HWinfo to monitor the temperature and clock speeds of your CPU and GPU in one of your gaming sessions.

The 1080ti will boost around 1900mhz depending on the temps and load.

The 9400F should again boost to 4.1 ghz

Cross check if your rams are running in XMP mode for 3200mhz and dual channel mode. (1st and 3rd ram slot or 2nd and 4th ram slot)

How much free space do you have in your SSD/HDD? might be a good idea to defrag the drives once in 6 month if you do not keep files organised. You have the game in your SSD?

You can probably tell us the make and model of your PSU, opening and looking inside your PC?

When was this PC built?

You are above the minimum requirements for SWJS, but at what graphics settings?

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Sep 11, 2024
Thanks for the advice, i'll check on the PC when i get home, and use HWInfo. I think my ram is running on 2133Hz, so i'll try to activate XMP when i get home.

I don't have that much free space, and i'm pretty sure that SWJS is on the SSD. I'll try defragging. I'll open the PC and check the psu when i get home. I bought the PC around 5 years ago, and upgraded the GPU and RAM 3 months ago. And the fps i wrote before for SWJS was on the lowest settings, with optimizing mods.

I'll get back to you once i've checked the things you wrote, thank you :)

Reactions: Lucky_SLS