My Pc Build

silverfeather

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017
Sup guys? I'm new here, its my first topic, basically i want your opinion/point of view of the pc build i made and problably going to buy it.

First of all: i intend of using it for at least a couple of years, at last 4 years.

CPU: I7 7700k Kabylake 4.2GHz
GPU: AMD RX 580 8GB Sapphire Nitro+ (already bought)
MB: ASUS ATX ROG STRIX Z270F GAMING(upgraded from H270F to Z270F)
RAM: Corsair Ddr4 1x16gb 2400 Mhz Vengeance Lpx Black
CASE: NZXT PHANTOM 410 BLACK (already bought)
WC: Seidon 240V RL-S24V-24PK-R1
PS: Corsair 600w

im passionatefor gaming and thats my only focus right now.

PS: 1080p60GHz its completely fine for me
PS2: If i did something wrong/not permited just say it, since i'm new here, apologies in advance

Buy RAM in a matched pair 2x8GB. You'll get better memory performance in dual channel mode. Don't buy one then one later. Even with the same make and model they may not work in dual channel mode together. They could have been built in different factories, by different manufacturers and different chips with the same specs. Corsair does not make RAM. As I recall, SK Hynix, Micron (Crucial), Samsung and Toshiba are the only actual manufacturers. If you plan to go 32GB just get it over with now.

H270 chipsets do not allow overclocking. You need a Z270 chipset for that. Why waste money on a watercooler if you aren't overclocking? Also the i7-8700K is just around the corner. Wait for the release.

There are a lot of Corsair 600w. From cheap low quality units to high quality. If you want a good one look at the RMx series.

silverfeather

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017

I heard about the i7-8700k but i dont have the funds for it problably haha

about the rams, dual channels is going to be better? really? i heard that one channel would be better, going to check further in to this. and i dont intend going 32gb, theres no need for it at all.

about the MB, i dont intend overcloacking so theres no problem, and the WC its cause my city its really hot and my room is even hotter. Currently im using one FX 6300 and it gets 158F with ease.

and about the power supply, im seeing what i can do about it, since the $$$ its at is limit

158F is nothing for a CPU. Any temp below 80C is safe for long term use. With that case and a decent budget air cooler (like a Cryorig H7) you will have no problems. The extra money you spend on that watercooler could possibly let you go from the i7-7700K to the i7-8700K.

silverfeather

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017

Well, im from Brazil, im gonna see about the the CPU, everything here is really expensive and not that easy to replace, thats why im beeing super careful with the watercooler.

Dont want even the slightest problem with it

g-unit1111

Titan
Well, im from Brazil, im gonna see about the the CPU, everything here is really expensive and not that easy to replace, thats why im beeing super careful with the watercooler.

Dont want even the slightest problem with it

If that's the case, then don't buy a liquid cooler. You are better off going with a strong single or dual tower air cooler as they overclock about the same. If you're not going to overclock past a certain speed then there's absolutely no need for a liquid cooler.

silverfeather

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017

hmm, im gonna check about them, see what the people here thinks about them and their experiencie with them

Liquid coolers are less reliable and can leak. You are increasing your chances of a problem. If you are really afraid of temps. Go big air. At worst you will have to replace a worn out fan. While a liquid cooler can have a worn out fan, pump failure, seal failure, line failure, &c. Many of those can result in liquid spraying on your components. Destroying everything.

A Scythe Mugen 5, Noctua NH-D15, Thermalright Le Grande Macho RT beat most high end liquid coolers in overclocked testing. So, stock settings are no problem. The best closed loop liquid coolers only get 1 to 2 C lower.

silverfeather

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017

oh, interesting, but nowadays are watercoolers still giving this much trouble? heard they are way better now, almost not giving any problems

silverfeather

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017

People here are recomending the CoolerMaster Hyper 212x, maybe im gonna go with it

g-unit1111

Titan

That's a decent one - anything from Noctua or Phanteks will be a million times better.

Liquid coolers are less reliable and can leak. You are increasing your chances of a problem. If you are really afraid of temps. Go big air. At worst you will have to replace a worn out fan. While a liquid cooler can have a worn out fan, pump failure, seal failure, line failure, &c. Many of those can result in liquid spraying on your components. Destroying everything.

And most units like the Corsair H110i, Cryorig A80, and NZXT Kraken X62 are based off the same generic 280mm Asetek unit and are known for leakage problems. It's not a question of *IF* your liquid pump will break and leak, it's a question of *WHEN*. Even going with a higher end unit like something from EKWB you're not guaranteed to be leak free.

silverfeather

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017

oh, yea, that makes sense, i checked about the noctua or/and phanteks ones, they are not common here, and are way more expensives then the seidon 240v :( but they seemed pretty good thou. i will see what i can do, but at least the coolermaster hyper 212x or something better will do.

silverfeather

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017
ive decided to go with the MB z270f, looking far in the future, its way better for me then the h270z one, the power supply will be a corsair cx650w semi modular.

now im just cheking about the aircooler, looking for a coolermaster hyper 212x... i found the noctua nh d15 but its like, 300bucks more then the hyper 212x.... converting real to dollar, here, with 1 dollar = 3,19 reais, 1 hyper 212x would be 72,1 dollars and the noctua nh d15 would be 156 dollars, and i dont think i can pay this difference, but theres a chance, i will see what i can do about it.

silverfeather

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017
oh, one more thing, by my calculations, the PS corsair cx650w semi modular will do just fine, or am i wrong? theres a chance i will have power supply problems?

Look for the Cryorig h7 it's better than the hyper 212 and costs only slightly more in most places.

silverfeather

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017

ive checked and couldnt find it :/ actually found one cheapper then te 212x but they import it, so theres alot of taxes and it get stuck in immigration and could take months for it to release(yea, mail system here sucks)

g-unit1111

Titan

Cryorig makes some great products but I don't know if they're available in Brazil at all yet. I checked my list of Brazil stores and I couldn't find anything from Noctua or Phanteks.

silverfeather

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017

sadly they're not here at all, i will do everything i can to go with the noctua nh d15, i just loved the reviews and everything about it

It's basically their older flagship model while the nh d15 is the newer one. It's perfectly fine and still represents the best of aircoolers.

silverfeather

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017

awesome! i will buy it then, i couldnt find anyone selling the d15 here :/ and importing it would take months and vay more $$$

g-unit1111

Titan

I have a D14 and it's been a solid cooler for 3+ years now. I was able to transfer it to my new AM4 motherboard too.

silverfeather

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017

glad to hear it. thanks for all the support guys <3

g-unit1111

Titan

I'd drop some of the case fans (you don't need that many and they are low quality) and then swap that RAM for something much faster around DDR4-3200, and get G Skill or Corsair over Kingston.

TRENDING THREADS