Question My PC can't see HDMi Speakers

George_Florian

Honorable
Feb 14, 2017
Hello !

I have some old MicroLab 9C Solo and I've been using them with 3.5mm Audio Jack until the cable broke. Instead of getting another cable, I've tried connecting them through HDMi and oh boy, what a treat I had on my hands. They just DO NOT WORK.

I have 2 HDMi ports on my PC: one is on the GPU and the other is on the Motherboard and I ahve 2 HDMI on the speakers: INPUT and OUTPUT. I have tried all the combinations available and they DO NOT WORK. I have no new device in Sounds, or Device Manager. It's like they don't connect. I've tried the cable and it works perfectly fine from PC to TV. I've tried 4 HDMi Cables and none works.

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
MOBO: Asus ROG Strix 270E Gaming

Any ideas ?

George_Florian

Honorable
Feb 14, 2017
  1. Make sure ur selecting the correct PC audio output device.
  2. U may have to configure it to tell it u got stereo speakers.

I didn't understand a thing from what you're trying to say.

What part of: " I have no new device in Sounds, or Device Manager. " is hard to understand ? How can I select the correct PC Audio Output Device if there isn't a new one ?
With the speakers connected or not this is all I get in Sounds:
this.jpg

As for the second point: HOW ? If I knew how to configure or what to configure I wouldn't have been in a position to ask for help, would I ?

Why would you even answer if you had nothing to add ?
If you want to help, then be my guest. But this isn't help. This is you being condescending.

Folks here answering your question are not paid employees, we are hobbyists giving our time freely and sometimes we don't have the precise steps answers you seek. I personally give u general direction to the river but unable to make u drink. So sorry about that. Just be patience, there are other members here who may chime in.