[SOLVED] My PC can't see my 5G network but can see other 5G networks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2021
My Computer can't see my 5G network but can see neighbours 5G, My family are all connected to our 5G network and I have connected to it and have been connected to it for ages and have never had an issue. But for a couple days we had a power out and now when I start up my PC I can't see the 5G network but others can ?

Solution
My Computer can't see my 5G network but can see neighbours 5G, My family are all connected to our 5G network and I have connected to it and have been connected to it for ages and have never had an issue. But for a couple days we had a power out and now when I start up my PC I can't see the 5G network but others can ?
The router may have the 5Ghz network on a channel that your computer is not compatible with. The allowed 5Ghz channels vary by location.
Try manually setting your router to a 5Ghz channel number less than 50. Those channels are universally allowed.

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure about the posted problem....

Are you saying that other family members can still see your families' 5G wireless network while your PC does not - correct?

What things have you tried thus far? Driver updates, configuration changes, etc.. Any error messages or pop-up Windows?

Make and model router? The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some clue.

Who has full admin rights to your family router? You will need help from that person.

On your PC run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt.

Post the results.

kanewolf

Titan
The router may have the 5Ghz network on a channel that your computer is not compatible with. The allowed 5Ghz channels vary by location.
Try manually setting your router to a 5Ghz channel number less than 50. Those channels are universally allowed.

Reactions: Nyamero
Solution
Feb 8, 2023

Thank you kanewolf, this worked for me as well!

I had the same problem, My PC can detect neighbors' 5g network but cannot detect my own 5g network. Changed the channel below 50 (channel 48) and it got detected again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS