Question My PC case doesn't have a power switch connector, it only has two reset switches

Mar 18, 2023
Hi, i'm building my first pc and i have a problem with my PC case which is that it doesn't have a Power button switch connector.

The thing is that the PC case has the power led connectors (+ and -) and It has 2 reset switch connectors (this two doesn't specify which is + or -, they are like together). The two reset sw one comes from the top of the case and the other one comes from the actual power button. I wanna know if I can use this reset switch and connect it in the power button pin or what can i do?

One of them is probably the power switch, the case switch polarity doesn't matter, it can be installed in either direction and it will work, its just a momentary switch, the LED's yeah that matters or the LED's wont work.

You can hook one to the PW switch header ont he board and see if the power button turns it on or the reset button turns it on, switch it if its wrong, it wont hurt anything, reset switch is technically the same switch just labeled or shaped different on cases.

Good Luck!

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi, i'm building my first pc and i have a problem with my PC case which is that it doesn't have a Power button switch connector.

The thing is that the PC case has the power led connectors (+ and -) and It has 2 reset switch connectors (this two doesn't specify which is + or -, they are like together). The two reset sw one comes from the top of the case and the other one comes from the actual power button. I wanna know if I can use this reset switch and connect it in the power button pin or what can i do?
On reset and power switches it don't matter how they are connected. all it does is make a connection and break it so + and - could go either way.

EDIT a power switch and reset switch are the same thing just labeled different and connect to different spots on the motherboard.

Last edited: