Question My PC case have electricity current around the case, is it normal?

Jan 8, 2020
Hi, I just finished built my own PC for the first time. I think we did good in building it with the help of my friend.
When all finished I noticed that the case I have Prime A-O which have metal panel have electricity current when I touch them?
I use UPS ICA CE-1200 VA/600W to plug it to the wall and use it for my PC, it still have electricity current running all over. Even when I plug my PC directly to the wall outlet without UPS it appears to have the same problem. So my question is, is it normal for a metal PC case to have electricity current running around it (thats what my friend told me)? is it the Power Supplies or other parts that produced this? and is it safe in the long term for my other component?
My PSU is Seasonic GX 550W Gold.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums!

No, that's not normal at all, it indicates that you're having a grounding issue or you're not using a grounding connector to the wall socket.

In any case, list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Build up of static electricity can and will degrade your parts in that chassis so you will need a certified electrician and rectify the wiring if you lack the ground on your main lines. If your power plug is 2 pinned, change it to a 3 pin and make sure your socket connector is just a 3 pin as well.

Jan 8, 2020
Welcome to the forums!

No, that's not normal at all, it indicates that you're having a grounding issue or you're not using a grounding connector to the wall socket.

In any case, list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Build up of static electricity can and will degrade your parts in that chassis so you will need a certified electrician and rectify the wiring if you lack the ground on your main lines. If your power plug is 2 pinned, change it to a 3 pin and make sure your socket connector is just a 3 pin as well.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: Tomahawk Max
Ram: Corsair LPX DDR4 16gb (8x2)
SSD/HDD: M.2 NVMe Adata XPG 512gb
GPU: Galax 1660 Super
PSU: Seasonic GX 550W Gold
Chassis: Prime A-O
UPS: ICA CE 1200

what are the grounding equipment do I need for my PC and wall socket.

Im using 2 pinned power plugged. Does it affect the current if i use 2 instead of 3??

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: Tomahawk Max
Ram: Corsair LPX DDR4 16gb (8x2)
SSD/HDD: M.2 NVMe Adata XPG 512gb
GPU: Galax 1660 Super
PSU: Seasonic GX 550W Gold
Chassis: Prime A-O
UPS: ICA CE 1200

what are the grounding equipment do I need for my PC and wall socket.

Im using 2 pinned power plugged. Does it affect the current if i use 2 instead of 3??
2 pin has no ground. Use a 3 pin.