Question My PC Constantly Freeze

Mar 16, 2019
Hi, I am new to Tom's hardware.
Recently I installed a new Ryzen 2600x on a Gigabyte Aorus M motherboard with Team Dark 2400MHZ RAM.
It does startup and function normally with the caveat that it constantly freezes, being idle or in-game.
The freezes are a bit unique, for example: I can't move around in games or hear sound from it, but I can hear and talk in Discord. So, some functionality is still there when my computer locks up, but all manual input is rendered disabled.

Things I have done to attempt fixing my situation:
Re-install Windows
Clear Bios
Reinstall motherboard drivers.

Notable Things:
When my computer freezes, I notice that my c drive/ssd spikes to 100% use and then immediately goes back down when it is over.

Nov 16, 2018
I m going to tell you some steps using which you may fix your system.
  • Do a Memory Test to insure its working fine.
  • Do a Storage Test as you said you have SSD ensure its working perfectly.
  • Look for any pop ups which occurs when the system freezes.
  • Open Event Viewer and find the reason.
Now, I m going to tell you how to use Event Viewer to solve your issue.
  • Find that event when system freezed.
  • Here you will get the reason what actually happened.
  • Here you will get CASEID and APPID.
  • After getting the APPID open component service and Find this APPID.
Now, before you get APPID just read carefully in Event Viewer about the reason there will may a short sentence or an Error No., In both cases just google this if u are unable to understand that short sentence you will find what to do with this component service of that APPID.
In most of cases these types of freezes occurs due to the execution of any unwanted process or starting of unwanted service whose files are actually doesn't exits any where and more similar reasons.

If are unable solve it after doing the above things what i said...Feel free to ask me again.I will try to find more possible reasons behind this after getting some Data Info From You.
Thanks!

Mar 16, 2019
I m going to tell you some steps using which you may fix your system.
  • Do a Memory Test to insure its working fine.
  • Do a Storage Test as you said you have SSD ensure its working perfectly.
  • Look for any pop ups which occurs when the system freezes.
  • Open Event Viewer and find the reason.
Now, I m going to tell you how to use Event Viewer to solve your issue.
  • Find that event when system freezed.
  • Here you will get the reason what actually happened.
  • Here you will get CASEID and APPID.
  • After getting the APPID open component service and Find this APPID.
Now, before you get APPID just read carefully in Event Viewer about the reason there will may a short sentence or an Error No., In both cases just google this if u are unable to understand that short sentence you will find what to do with this component service of that APPID.
In most of cases these types of freezes occurs due to the execution of any unwanted process or starting of unwanted service whose files are actually doesn't exits any where and more similar reasons.

If are unable solve it after doing the above things what i said...Feel free to ask me again.I will try to find more possible reasons behind this after getting some Data Info From You.
Thanks!
I checked the Event Viewer when my computer freezed. I don't know what you mean by APP ID, but I got some warnings in system logs. There are two that happen at the same time during a freeze: Event ID 153 and Event ID 129.

There are also many Event 10016 errors.

Nov 16, 2018
I checked the Event Viewer when my computer freezed. I don't know what you mean by APP ID, but I got some warnings in system logs. There are two that happen at the same time during a freeze: Event ID 153 and Event ID 129.

There are also many Event 10016 errors.
Got it!
This is one of the most notorious error which is happening from Windows 8.When i faced this it was fixed by Uninstalling a Software which i was tried to use using a crack since it was a paid software.
And to ensure that this the reason of unexpected freeze i installed software again cracked it again and again the system was freezing.
So,what you have to do is uninstalling the recently installed software or uninstall any program which is using a crack or patch or any who changes with registry values.
As i said this DCOM tries open some file for which he has no permission to do so.
For safety reason boot your system in safe mode and uninstall those programs.
after doing this see are you experiencing this issue or not.
Another way is by changing the Authority of this service to administrator which dosen't worked in my case.
Hope this may fix your system.
Must Reply what happened Next.
Thanks!

Mar 16, 2019
Got it!
This is one of the most notorious error which is happening from Windows 8.When i faced this it was fixed by Uninstalling a Software which i was tried to use using a crack since it was a paid software.
And to ensure that this the reason of unexpected freeze i installed software again cracked it again and again the system was freezing.
So,what you have to do is uninstalling the recently installed software or uninstall any program which is using a crack or patch or any who changes with registry values.
As i said this DCOM tries open some file for which he has no permission to do so.
For safety reason boot your system in safe mode and uninstall those programs.
after doing this see are you experiencing this issue or not.
Another way is by changing the Authority of this service to administrator which dosen't worked in my case.
Hope this may fix your system.
Must Reply what happened Next.
Thanks!
The thing is, the freezing began to occur after I installed new hardware, not because I downloaded something. I haven't used a crack recently either.

Mar 16, 2019
The thing is, the freezing began to occur after I installed new hardware, not because I downloaded something. I haven't used a crack recently either.
The psu is still suspect since already 4 years old and not the best quality.
Maybe, but my voltages are fine in BIOS. It was also working before. Additionally, it's known that Warning Events 153 and 129 cause freezing.

Mar 16, 2019
Voltages in the bios are not under load. For that to really measure do you need a multimeter and an unused molex connector. Test on the yellow+black cables for +12V ,on the red+black cables for +5V.

Did you btw update the bios?
I don't have a multimeter so...
Yes, I updated the bios.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
How to make a log,

download hwinfo32,
install and open it,
check "sensors-only",
click "run",
at the bottom of the window click "logging start",
choose a name and place for the log like "hwinfolog" at the "desktop",
this log can be viewed/opened with either excel from Microsoft or libre office calc.
you can upload it onto a site which facilitates this like SaberCatHost this one i like since not so much (or any) spam comes with it and does not require a log in to get the info.
Just make one until this happens like you described.

See if this gives some info about the voltages. Yes software,but without multimeter probably the best option.

Mar 16, 2019
How to make a log,

you can upload it onto a site which facilitates this like SaberCatHost this one i like since not so much (or any) spam comes with it and does not require a log in to get the info.
Just make one until this happens like you described.

See if this gives some info about the voltages. Yes software,but without multimeter probably the best option.
https://sabercathost.com/qksR/log.CSV