Question My PC Crashed and now GPU, Network doesn't work

Sep 20, 2022
So I built a ryzen 5600x build in January 2021. I recently upgraded to a 3060 2 months ago, and everything has been fine. While casually gaming (nothing graphically intense), my PC crashed. After restarting, i discovered it was only connecting to one monitor out of my dual monitor setup. I also discovered the graphics were poor. I opened device manager and saw I had a Code 43 error (windows stopped this device because it has problems) for my 3060. I assumed the computer was switching to the CPU integrated graphics or something. I began to troubleshoot and try to fix the error then I realized I couldn't connect to the internet. My network adapter is also compromised. And so are my PCI adapter. I have reset everything, reinstalled windows.. reinstalled graphics card to no success.

It seems that all the adapters that are not working are all in PCI slots ( 4,5,11). I don't know if anything is wrong with my slots or it is a motherboard issue. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2022
First thing to ask is what are the full specs? Would be interesting especially to know what power supply you were using. I know I once had a low quality power supply kill IDE ports on a motherboard way back in the day around 2008 or so.
Full specs -
CPU - Ryzen 5600x
GPU - Nvidia RTX 3060
Motherboard - Asus TUf gaming x570
power supply - Gigabyte 650W Bronze
SSD - 1 NVMe Western Digital
Ram - 2 x 8gb corsair

I thought about the power supply, but NVIDIA recommends 550W for one 3060 so I thought that couldn't be it.

Install the other power supply. Gigabyte has many fine products but I don’t know that power supplies are one of their specialties. If you install the other power supply and things begin to work, great. But if not sounds like you may have some damaged components, hence the reason you see people here talk about having quality power supplies. When bad quality power supplies die they many times will damage or kill components. Many of us here have experienced those situations and have learned the hard way.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
Sep 20, 2022
I just installed the new EVGA but it still doesn't work. Yeah it seems like a component issue. Do you have any idea which components I should prioritize replacing first?

Did your second monitor begin working again? If so and if your usb ports work then you could get a USB to Ethernet adapter to work around that issue. But I’m assuming that the Ethernet port currently there is built onto the motherboard. So you may need to start with the board and go from there. I’ll let some of the others chime in. If you do end up needing a board depending how long you keep your pc, you may look at a b550 board to save a few dollars.