My PC Crashes Everytime I Play a Game

DARKOWNAGE97

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
every time I play counter strike once and a while my computer frezzes and plays the same noise over and over again and the only way i can fix it is to restarting it but i can only do that by manualy pressing the power button on my computer

kay19

Reputable
Jun 10, 2015

Hey James, I have similar situation as well. Play games 15 minutes and it'll crash with a black screen, buzzing noise, and followed by my monitor shutting down. The power button is still on, so I have to press it once to turn it off, and again to turn it on again. Prior to this, I was able to play games with no problem as I had this computer constructed on february 2014, and for a year, had no shutdowns with my computer.

I used msi afterburner and played assassin's creed black flag for 10 minutes before it gets shutdown. My gpu temperature was constantly in the range of 60-70, and the peak it went up to was 81 degrees, but went back down to the 70's. Afterwards I checked the cpu temperature and they were at 50 C.

So am I also looking at a power supply unit failure as well? What are ways to test my PSU for sure? Here is my Computer Specs:

Motherboard: Asus z87-A
CPU: intel core 4670k i5
GPU: GTX 770
memory: 1 x 8GB Kingston
PSU: 550 Watts. (can't recall brand, will check later)

Also, TC, I think we are both may be in the same situation, so check your temperatures as well just incase with msi afterburner. Update post if you found your problem as well, might be the solution I may need too.

@Kay,
It requires some specialized tools to test a powersupply, the cheapest way to test is just use another powersupply.

It's also possible you may have an unstable overclock with that CPU though, if it's OC'd try switching it back to stock.

Also the CPU cools down pretty quick so you can't really rely to much on the temps after it boots back up.