Question My PC crashes 'mostly' while playing Far Cry Primal | KERNEL-41| ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 16, 2022
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, and I'd like to ask a question because I cannot google anymore :p

So, basically my problem is that, when I am playing the game Far Cry Primal, my PC crashes with the error Kernel-Power 41. It basically freezes the monitor, but I still can hear the game audio and my friends talking on Discord! I have tried to disable fast start-up, change power settings, update all possible drivers with DriverBooster but still have that problem.

The thing is that, I have experienced that crash while just watching Twitch with only Discord and Google Chrome open! But kinda rarely. I also tried to unplug all connectors of PSU and change the slot of my RAM.

My specs are:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: 8.00 GB
GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB ARMOR
MOBO: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
PSU: Be Quiet System Power 9 600W

In other games such as CS GO or Rocket League, I've rarely had a crash. Any ideas?

Last edited:
The thing is that, my PC crashed with default Adrenaline settings, I didn't change anything..I was worried about the temps that's why I after undervolted and made a fun curve through Adrenaline. But after that, it started crashing immediately after start-up, until I update display driver from Device Manager. I will try to play FC Primal again , to see if it crashes still.

Ok, this is very strange but, I hope FC Primal work without crashes. Maybe the newest drivers have some sort of issue with RX 570 gpus? Have you tried to download an older version?

Also when you remove drivers remember to use DDU (Heres the donwload link from Guru3D, instructions on the same page) https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Jan 16, 2022
Its posible. But also keep in mind modern GPUs wont make fans spin until +60~65°C so perhaps the crashgin was due to the undervolting? GPUs and CPUs are very sensitive to voltage input. Not all GPU react well to undervolting, maybe you went too far with it?

Did you let your GPU reach at least 70°C to see if the fans spin or not? I mean in any case you can press the power button and shut down the PC if you see it getting really hot (over 85°C).
hey, soo actually the fans are spinning after 55C, so we are fine there! My PC still does random crashes or in game, so I did a test with OCCT (https://www.ocbase.com/), and stress tested for a while my CPU with no crashes, stress tested for a while my GPU with no crashes, but after I clicked on power stress test the whole system, my PC crashing after < 1 minute.

I guess that should be the PSU right?

hey, soo actually the fans are spinning after 55C, so we are fine there! My PC still does random crashes or in game, so I did a test with OCCT (https://www.ocbase.com/), and stress tested for a while my CPU with no crashes, stress tested for a while my GPU with no crashes, but after I clicked on power stress test the whole system, my PC crashing after < 1 minute.

I guess that should be the PSU right?

It seems you have discarded the RAM as an issue, and it seems CPU and GPU are not problem either, so Im guessing the PSU could be the culprit. As long as you don't have any other useless software been the culprit.

Still I do not know if you tried to disable and unplug the LED strip. And If you tried to build your system outside your case over a cardboard box or wood table.

After all you said issues started after you change cases and added some led lighting.

Jan 16, 2022
It seems you have discarded the RAM as an issue, and it seems CPU and GPU are not problem either, so Im guessing the PSU could be the culprit. As long as you don't have any other useless software been the culprit.

Still I do not know if you tried to disable and unplug the LED strip. And If you tried to build your system outside your case over a cardboard box or wood table.

After all you said issues started after you change cases and added some led lighting.
I unplugged the LED strip, but still had the same issue..I have not tried to build it outside of the box tho..The thing is that, a friend of mine has the same exactly build, from the same shop, with same PSU, and get those crashes as well. I think I could borrow a PSU from another friend to see if it still crashes on the stress test.

I unplugged the LED strip, but still had the same issue..I have not tried to build it outside of the box tho..The thing is that, a friend of mine has the same exactly build, from the same shop, with same PSU, and get those crashes as well. I think I could borrow a PSU from another friend to see if it still crashes on the stress test.

Yes you can try that. Be carefull and remember to unplug the power cable from the wall.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2022
Yes you can try that. Be carefull and remember to unplug the power cable from the wall.
Sooo, after all, I went with my PC to a service store. They had it for 2 days approximately, and they said it was very difficult to find the problem, but they diagnosed that it is finally the GPU T-T. They just putted an NVIDIA one and my PC was working just fine on the stressing tests. So probably they will replace mine with another one. Thanks for all your help tho! :)

Reactions: RodroX
Sooo, after all, I went with my PC to a service store. They had it for 2 days approximately, and they said it was very difficult to find the problem, but they diagnosed that it is finally the GPU T-T. They just putted an NVIDIA one and my PC was working just fine on the stressing tests. So probably they will replace mine with another one. Thanks for all your help tho! :)

Great, yeah is way easier to diagnose a problem when you are able to "touch" the prodcut and/or replace parts and testing.

Last edited:
One question, which GPU you think is better as a quick replacement for my build?
Gigabyte GTX1050 Ti 4GB or ZOTAC GAMING GeForce GTX 1650 OC

Considering the card you had, if the price is decent then the GTX 1650 4GB would be my choice between those two. Specially if you can get it brand new with warranty.

I think performance will be a little worst in some games than the RX 570 8GB, but sure it will be better than any GTX 1050.

The GTX 1650 Super will be a better choice but then again I do not know prices and availability on your location.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead