[SOLVED] My PC crashes pls help

Jul 21, 2021
So I upgraded from a 1660ti to a 1080ti last friday, 4 days have gone and my computer started crashing. My pc suddenly shuts off, no signal on monitor but mobo lights remain on and holding the power button does not restart pc. I swapped back to my 1660ti and the same problem occured. After about 8 hours I tried again with my 1660ti and everything worked fine for the 4 hrs i tested it until i swapped back to the 1080ti and the issues started back occuring.

Specs -
Motherboard - B450 Aorus elite
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600
RAM - Corsair 16gb lpx
PSI - Evga 650w bq

Solution
It sounds like you have PSU issues. A 1080ti needs a quality PSU and yours is mediocre at best.
If possible try another PSU in your system.
It won't hurt to use DDU as well to remove and reinstall your GPU drivers.
It sounds like you have PSU issues. A 1080ti needs a quality PSU and yours is mediocre at best.

Solution
Jul 21, 2021

What about the crashing with my 1660ti tho? I used ddu and same problem. I'll have to wait to get a psu to test

Jul 21, 2021
How old is your PSU? It might have degraded enough or/and pushed beyond it's limits and started failing.
You can check in HWinfo sensors mode how are your voltages, especially for the +12v. You need to test it after a little bit of gaming.

Psu is a little over a year old. Just took a look at my psu and the fan isnt spinning

Last edited: