[SOLVED] My PC crashes with buzzing sound

Aug 15, 2018
Well, my pc randomly crashes (sometimes after 2 hours of gameplay, sometimes after 5 days etc.) with buzzing sound in headphones/speakers and my screen just turn into a solid color (gray, yellow, pink, cyan, black, brown etc.)

My spec.
CPU: Intel I5 2500 3,3GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz
GPU: AMD RX 560 4GB
PSU: Corsair CX 500W

Also, I just want to say that, this (I'll call it a system failure) started happening when I bought new ram,psu and gpu. And now the funny thing is that I changed everything in my PC except this new GPU and MB. I mean I'm like 90% sure it's gpu but, I don't know if that is a normal but even I changed my CPU, it's usage for example every single time I start Task Manager it just jump to 100% and then drop to 5-6, also when I'm moving my cursor left right (for example) it also go up to 50-60 and then drop. So, as I said I'm like 90% sure it's GPU but can it be a motherboard maybe or even something else. I also connected my monitor to integrated gpu and cpu was acting same. Idn anymore, I might install some old gpu and try to see if it gonna crash.

I would like to hear you opinions.

I FORGOT TO SAY THAT WHEN I TURN ON MY PC AFTER THE CRASH I GET THIS NOTIFICATION FROM AMD:

Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to unexpected system failure

Solution
I'm having this exact same issue; black screen, buzzing sound, Radeon Wattman messages. It used to happen once in a blue moon, but it happens once a day now. I assume it's a video driver issue, but since my PC won't actually BSOD instead of just black-screening, I have no way of finding out for sure.
I would honestly start with a fresh win 10 install, sounds like you have been moving hardware around, and that's fine just trying to rule out where the possible issues may be coming from and the OS tends to be an obvious one. after a clean OS if that doesn't fix your crashing then it's a hardware issue and the GPU or RAM would be my next targets of interest.

Aug 15, 2018

I alreadz tried installing new win 10 several times, I even installed win 7 once but it crashed, as I said I changed my RAM and I even did all ram tests...

volkerball3011

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
I'm having this exact same issue; black screen, buzzing sound, Radeon Wattman messages. It used to happen once in a blue moon, but it happens once a day now. I assume it's a video driver issue, but since my PC won't actually BSOD instead of just black-screening, I have no way of finding out for sure.

Solution
Aug 15, 2018
Okay, what I actually did. I installed a drivers from CD I got with my GPU and it's been 4 days and for now it didn't crashed. (I was hard core gaming those 4 days) I hope it wont crash anymore.

volkerball3011

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
I've actually made some progress, too. I haven't crashed in just over two days, and it stopped after I turned off Hardware Acceleration on Discord. I had done the same for Chrome, but it made no difference. So... if you're having this issue outside of gaming, maybe check browser and application options to see if GFX Acceleration is on?

If our issue is truly the same and caused by the same issue, then it's safe to say now that it is in fact a driver issue; in particular, an acceleration bug.

volkerball3011

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
Since disabling Hardware/Graphics Acceleration on everything I could, my rate of crashing like this has dropped to almost zero. I have to say almost because after nearly a week free and clear, I just had two within 10 minutes of each other, both times while my PC was 100% idle. :(

How has your rig been doing, sretan.nikolic?