Question my pc cycles on and off for about 1 - 5 mins before starting up and has cut power around 1 time a week it used to be every day

harry_46

Reputable
Jun 14, 2016
Hey so first I'll tell you what I've tried. so I've tried turning off overclocking as my pc would overheat and turn off because of that I think because I didn't have exhaust fans but I do now top and back with water cooling to my CPU at the front for intake and its real cool now even with overclocking I think my PCs highest temp was 70 or 80 degrees on the gpu playing a game and 50 degrees on the cpu. I just use amds auto overclocking like rage mode and the rog ai suite 3 for auto fans and cpu overclocking.

I have the rog asus bios and I've tried a few different settings changes in there from youtube vids but I feel like there might be more I don't know.

after installing those fans its been fine with overclocking but it still cycles before loading up taking a while sometimes. and I've had one cut off of the power mid game after about a week of having the cooling.

I've tried changing a few power settings to off, some to balanced and high performance nothing seems to help.

I feel like its not normal to cycle power at boot for 1 minute sometimes up to 5 usually after the cut of power.

It also happened again today the power cut off it went straight back into restarting but didn't load onto my screen

Any help would be appreciated or ideas thanks

Last edited:

harry_46

Reputable
Jun 14, 2016