Question My pc didn't recognize my rams that was recognize before and can't boot

Apr 15, 2021
Hello everyone yesterday i shut down my pc and then i plug in my gfx card and turn it on but i get a black screen (no signal) so i removed the gfx card and used the intel hd and it works but after i shut down my system and restart it i 'm getting the same black screen (no signal)
My rams are 4x2 1600mhz
So i pluged my rams to another pc and they are working
I used a 1GB ram 1333mhz and it worked , but when i plug the 4x2 1600mhz doesn't work at all / btw my pc is an hp compaq 8300 sff
Please help and thanks in advance.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Yes. Unplug the pc. Push and hold the power button for 10 seconds or so. All lights, leds, etc should die out and you may hear an audible click from the psu. Then reseat the ram, either short the 2 cmos pins (gently) with a paper clip or flathead screwdriver for a few seconds or remove the battery for 10 minutes. That'll reset the bios, clearing the cmos.

On first boot up, it might loop a few times, that's to be expected as the bios goes through memory training, or might succeed first attempt.

Right now, cmos is telling the pc 1 thing, bios is saying another, so you'll need to blank it all out fresh and let bios rewrite the cmos file with new information from the boot post process and hardware verification.

Reactions: Yahya 22205
Apr 15, 2021
The pc did the boot loop 2 times but aint making it to the bios where his fans (cpu/psu) goes viral to 100 percent fan speed where it sounds like a jet so i did turn it off and back on , same thing happens except it didnt loop the boot. What am i supposed to do now ? May be reseting the cmos with the cmos yellow button ???