[SOLVED] My PC died the other day, No power except on USBs

psydex

Honorable
Dec 5, 2014
So my pc went to sleep the other night, on the next day I unplugged it from the power source (while sleeping) because of weather conditions. Now my pc won't turn on at all!
At first I thought the power supply died but the USB LEDs I had plugged in still work, so I wen't on an investigation. Things I did:

• I reset the BIOS (cmos)
  • re-inserted the two RAM sticks (also tried swapping their places)
  • re-inserted the hard drives
Still no fanspin or power at all except in the USBs.
By some miracle it turned on once but it was missing one of my hard drives, so I turned it off to resettle the drive and it never turned back on again.

My Specs:
Processor: AMD FX-6300 SIX
Videocard: GeForce GTX650 2GB
MB: ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX
Power: Spire SP-ATX-550W-PFC
Memory: 2x4GB DDR3 RAM
Hard Drive: 1TB + 120GB SSD

Any other suggestions? Do you think the power supply died?

So my pc went to sleep the other night, on the next day I unplugged it from the power source (while sleeping) because of weather conditions. Now my pc won't turn on at all!

Any other suggestions? Do you think the power supply died?
I am assuming the motherboard is fairly old and so the CMOS battery is also pretty old. You said you unplugged it from the mains power so I think the battery is too weak and needs changing. It is worth a try as they are not expensive.

psydex

Honorable
Dec 5, 2014
I am assuming the motherboard is fairly old and so the CMOS battery is also pretty old. You said you unplugged it from the mains power so I think the battery is too weak and needs changing. It is worth a try as they are not expensive.

There's actually no battery, it's one of those
Anyway I ripped out some old power supply (250W) and it did fanspin so that's basically it.
I guess I'll have to buy new PSU. The question is, if the PSU is dead why the hell my USB LEDs work?