My PC does a weird sound when open programs or play game

Aug 27, 2018
Hi,

My PC is doing some weird sound and also comes with some freezing with it.

When I open a game, the game intermitently freezes and comes along with that weird sound. It seems like a performance issue or something like that. I cannot play the game because of that, it freezes at all and I don't know what's happening.

This issue doesn't happen all the time, but let's say that I shut down the computer today and tomorrow turn it on. The issue might not be happening.

I recently changed from an HDD to an SSD thinking that the hard drive was the issue. Also changed RAM, but they are not new, so the issue could be there. I also have a GTX 1060 installed and the issue didn't happen when I had my old GT 610 installed.

I don't think the issue is the GPU because I tried it on a friends PC and worked fine.

I think that maybe is the motherboard or the CPU that needs maintenance.

Any advise?

Intel G41
Core2 Duo E7500
1x4gb DDR3 + 1x2gb DDR3
GTX 1060
120gb Kingston SSD (Windows)
500gb WD HDD (Storage)

Solution

Pentium4User

Honorable
Jun 17, 2016

Hello kinda seems like it could be your psu since it doesn't happen to the GT 610 and the 1060 works in your friends pc what brand psu you have, by the chance how many watt is it? Also I would run memtes86 to see if the ram is good, but I really think it a power issue.

Aug 27, 2018

My PSU is a Corsair 750W. I think is PLUS Bronze.

Pentium4User

Honorable
Jun 17, 2016

Try using another psu and see if it happens. If it does then run memtest86 to see if it could be a bad ram stick. Those are the only two that I can think that can cause this.

Solution