[SOLVED] My pc does loop boots

Jan 8, 2020
Hey there people.I have a problem.When i try to boot my computer it turns on and it doesn't show anything(like a startup screen or anything)and it turns off again and it is stuck in a loop.When i took out my gpu,the computer seems to work fine.Can someone tell me if my gpu is dead or my pc's other part is faulty(like power supply)or the drivers or os is causing this problem?
My Pc Specs:
Pentium g2030,
Rx 560 4gb,
8gb DDR3 Ram,
500gb Hard Disk,
500w Power Supply,
Any help would be appreciated!
Sometimes it boots properly and pc seems to work fine! Have no idea what's the problem.

Solution
If you were to remove the GPU and connect your monitor to your onboard motherboard video out, does it boot?

From all of the above it seems to me either the GPU or the PSU are faulty. It's about narrowing down which.
IF you can boot successfully on the iGPU then it's likely to be the RX560 that's a problem. If it still won't boot correctly then probable the PSU is at fault. It's difficult to say. Which motherboard do you have? Have you searched online for what 3 beeps means for that board?

greigm78

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
Do you have access to another GPU to test if it also has a problem. If it works then good bet yours is defunct.

How old is the PSU? Could be deteriorated and unable to supply enough power to the card but enough for the iGPU to work.

Jan 8, 2020
Do you have access to another GPU to test if it also has a problem. If it works then good bet yours is defunct.

How old is the PSU? Could be deteriorated and unable to supply enough power to the card but enough for the iGPU to work.

Do I don't have another gpu. My psu is about 2 years old.

greigm78

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
Sounds like a GPU issue but without another to test that theory, hard to tell for sure.

If it works without it then, discounting a PSU issue, the GPU seems likely.

With the iGPU in use can you uninstall the Radeon drivers and then try it again?

Jan 8, 2020

Bro can it be also that the psu is uncleaned since i bought it? Can it be giving less power? Also to remind you that sometimes the pc boots properly and i play games and the games work fine.

Jan 8, 2020
Sounds like a GPU issue but without another to test that theory, hard to tell for sure.

If it works without it then, discounting a PSU issue, the GPU seems likely.

With the iGPU in use can you uninstall the Radeon drivers and then try it again?
I tried uninstalling the drivers and then putting the graphics card, it seemed to work fine and i installed the graphics driver and there were no issues but on day 2 the same thing keep happening

greigm78

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
I tried uninstalling the drivers and then putting the graphics card, it seemed to work fine and i installed the graphics driver and there were no issues but on day 2 the same thing keep happening

I'm leaning back towards a PSU issue based on that. Only way really to tell would be to try another PSU.

Hope you get it resolved man, I know the pain of a faulty PSU having just had to replace mine. It was only 2 months old though, so it shows it can happen anytime.

Jan 8, 2020
I'm leaning back towards a PSU issue based on that. Only way really to tell would be to try another PSU.

Hope you get it resolved man, I know the pain of a faulty PSU having just had to replace mine. It was only 2 months old though, so it shows it can happen anytime.
Thanks for helping me man, i will try out this
Have a blessed life

Jan 8, 2020

Bro i want to ask you 1 more question. Can a dusty power supply gives less power unabling it to boot with gpu?

Jan 8, 2020
Yes and use a small paint brush to loosen dust and hair. BUT KEEP YOUR FINGERS OFF THE CAPS they still hold a high voltage load. Best to unplug computer and before you open power supply hold down power button 30 sec to help drain caps. BUT STILL KEEP YOU FINGERS OUT OF THERE
Thanks brother for the advice. I am a beginner and still learning

Jan 8, 2020
Seems like my issue is very complex.I cleaned my whole case and i found a internal speaker which i got it working.Sometimes the pc works with gpu and when it doesn't, it gives me 3 beeps. I just pull out 6 pin power connector joined to my graphic card and then put it tightly but it works for 1-2 boots.

greigm78

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
If you were to remove the GPU and connect your monitor to your onboard motherboard video out, does it boot?

From all of the above it seems to me either the GPU or the PSU are faulty. It's about narrowing down which.
IF you can boot successfully on the iGPU then it's likely to be the RX560 that's a problem. If it still won't boot correctly then probable the PSU is at fault. It's difficult to say. Which motherboard do you have? Have you searched online for what 3 beeps means for that board?

Solution
Jan 8, 2020

Its a 60 40 when it comes to the probability of booting up with gpu and when it does boot up it does not show signs of damage at all(like a random shutdown) and i played csgo for 2.5 hours so i dont think it is an issue of gpu.So i am trying a new PSU. Thanks man for the replys:)

Jan 8, 2020

And i searched about 3 beeps and it means bad memory and j am sure my ram is ok.