[SOLVED] my pc does not turn on when I put the video card

Jan 8, 2020
Hello, I am new here and my English is not very good. I am putting together a pc (my budget is very tight, the motherboard and cpu I have it for a long time, because I do not plan to change pc for a while due to economic issues).

Well, a few days ago I was going to buy a rx 580 4gb nitro +, it is second-hand. I put it on the PC and turn it on, install the drivers, restart and I will pass furmark and immediately my PC turns off, after this my PC does not want to turn on more, but the mouse and keyboard light are on. I remove the video card and turn on the PC by pressing the power button 10 times. I put the video card back in and turn on by pressing the power button several times.
After this I look at the temperatures of the video card that were 30 ° idle, I open gta v and my pc does not turn off and I could play normally for 10min. Then I close the game and turn it off manually and try to turn it on again and it doesn't turn on.

I don't know if it's my psu, motherboard or the rx 580 and why it went off with furmark and not with gta v

My pc is
motherboard: Asrock h61m-vs
ram: 2x4gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz
cpu: i7 3770+hyper 212 cooler master
psu: evga 750bq 80+ bronze

Solution
First thing, because it's often the simple thing that we don't double check, you did plug a 6+2 pin Pci-express power cable in it? If you did, it's Great be sure it's in the pci-e slot of your psu then double check if the connector is cliped at both end! hahaha

Here is the user guide of your PSU
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/A1SohywwghL.pdf
<Always use the PCIE power cables from your Power Supply first, only use included adapters when your Power Supply does NOT have the appropriate connectors >
it should be writen on one 8pin and one 6+2 connector.

Then from what i could find it's a Pci-e X16 so be sure the slot is well cliped too

After this being said what Gen is your CPU ? It must be at least 3rd gen to...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is your PSU? YOU might want to source a PSU that can deliver at least 550W of power for the entire system and is branded, reliably built and see if the issue persists. With time, the capacitors will degrade in a PSU thence it can output less power to the system.

Jan 8, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is your PSU? YOU might want to source a PSU that can deliver at least 550W of power for the entire system and is branded, reliably built and see if the issue persists. With time, the capacitors will degrade in a PSU thence it can output less power to the system.
hello, the psu has approximately one year of use, and is an EVGA 750bq 750w.

Apr 28, 2020
First thing, because it's often the simple thing that we don't double check, you did plug a 6+2 pin Pci-express power cable in it? If you did, it's Great be sure it's in the pci-e slot of your psu then double check if the connector is cliped at both end! hahaha

Here is the user guide of your PSU
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/A1SohywwghL.pdf
<Always use the PCIE power cables from your Power Supply first, only use included adapters when your Power Supply does NOT have the appropriate connectors >
it should be writen on one 8pin and one 6+2 connector.

Then from what i could find it's a Pci-e X16 so be sure the slot is well cliped too

After this being said what Gen is your CPU ? It must be at least 3rd gen to support Pcie 3 X16

From ASRock Spec https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H61M-VS/index.asp
1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 slot (blue @ x16 mode)
*PCIe Gen3 is supported on 3rd Generation of Intel® Core™ i5 and Core™ i7 CPUs.<

Still does'nt work?

Solution