Question My Pc doesn't always start

endrik.meitinger

Commendable
Dec 15, 2018
Yesterday my mom cleaned the inside of my Pc while it was running and now most of the time it try to start it it boot loops and sometimes only the fans start spinning and I get nothing on the screen. About one in 50 tries the pc starts and goes to the desktop. If I try to launch anything from there the pc crashes. And goes back to boot looping.
What could be the problem?

Hey there,

It could be anything really.

Lesson learned: Don't let mom clean the PC whilst it's on! )

You could start with making sure all components are in their right socket (e.g GPU/Ram) and check all cables are in properly. It could be that whilst cleaning something was moved in it's place, and this might be preventing the PC from booting properly. You will obviously have the PC off, and disconnected from the wall socket, before attempting removing components and replacing them back.

Let us know how that goes.

endrik.meitinger

Commendable
Dec 15, 2018
I just checked that everything was still plugged in and in its right slot and it was all still fine. I even moved my ram sticks into the other two slots thinking that might fix something. Unfortunately nothing helped and I'm still facing the same issue.

Is it possible that my motherboard is partially broken, because I've read that that could be causing the boot loop and when I tried to plug in my monitor directly into the motherboard instead of the gpu I didn't get anything on screen anymore.

TRENDING THREADS