Question My PC doesn't boot after overclocking

ovelionnn

Commendable
Dec 3, 2020
Hi! So I just wanted to get more fps in one game. So i wanted to overclock my cpu a little bit. I knew about amd ryzen master and did read that the game mode shoul be useful and safe, so I thought ok i will try it, i enabled game mode and restarted my PC.
And I realised that it doesn't start after it. When i press the power button the pc(lights, cooler etc.) Goes on for 1 sec then it stops.
Now i tried to reset bios with the cmos and with removing battery but both didn't work (connected power cable to pc after removing battery and it directly went on for about 9 sec, after it still the same). I really tried everything with resetting bios and it didn't work. I even removed the rtc battery for 15 hours ....
I have bought my pc from a shop ( didn't self build it) thats why i have unknown lowprice motherboard (probably HP motherboard)
Also it does not post bc its on for about half second and then goes off, i didn't hear a sound or see a text or blinks.

I know that if i put RAM out it doesn't go off after half second but runs for about 9 seconds then go off and so on and it post that RAM is missing (same with for example if i don't connect power cable to CPU)

My Pc specs: Amd ryzen 5 2400g
Gtx 1060
Motherboard sunflower (AM4) 17516-1
Internal 310W PSU
16GB RAM DDR4 2666MHz

Please help me :-. What should I do now? Any ideas?

And if really no one know what can I do, which hardware should i replace? replacing motherboard would be enough? or also CPU?

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Overclocking a system requires good quality components in a system, whereby they work in tandem. The PSU delivers the necessary extra power, the motherboard deals with the extra power via the VRM's and the cooler takes care of the heat, while the cases airflow takes care of the heat dumped into said chassis.

Unfortunately your parts don't seem fit for any form of overclocking, even one with mild settings dialed in. In fact, you're only trying to start a fire with those parts and the idea of overclocking. Please power down the system, disconnect from the wall and remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard. Replace it after 30 ins.

On the topic of replacing, please remove that GPU from the system, your PSU is not capable of driving the entire system with a GTX 1060 in there.

What is the SKU to your HP prebuilt system?

ovelionnn

Commendable
Dec 3, 2020
So as i said i already did remove the CMOS BATTERY even for about 15 hours and it did nothing. Still the same problem. And yes I removed my GPU from the motherboard at the beginning.
idk maybe I did something wrong trying to reset the bios by removing the battery?
So I disconnected the power cable, removed the battery, waited 15 hours, put the battery back in, connect power cable and start PC (even tried on a few other ways) but still I have the same problem.

By SKU u mean model of my pc? It's: HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0016ng

If I buy a better PSU, would my PC probably boot?

Last edited:

ovelionnn

Commendable
Dec 3, 2020
Something that i just realised, maybe it can help:

Now that I have tried again to reset the bios by removing the CMOS battery. I waited such a minute. After I did it and I connected the cable to the power supply unit, the PC ran for 10 seconds or so, fan and everything, etc. Then it switched off, and when switched on again the same as before.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Something that i just realised, maybe it can help:

Now that I have tried again to reset the bios by removing the CMOS battery. I waited such a minute. After I did it and I connected the cable to the power supply unit, the PC ran for 10 seconds or so, fan and everything, etc. Then it switched off, and when switched on again the same as before.

Try to boot into safe mode, uninstall ryzen master, then reset CMOS.

ovelionnn

Commendable
Dec 3, 2020
I can't boot into safe mode coz my PC doesn't even start, after I press the button it goes on for like 0,5 sec (Cooling, LEDs etc.) then goes off. I can't start it

JasonNs_

Proper
Sep 22, 2020
I can't boot into safe mode coz my PC doesn't even start, after I press the button it goes on for like 0,5 sec (Cooling, LEDs etc.) then goes off. I can't start it
i think your power supply is dead or motherboard, change the powersupply, lets say that didnt work, i dont think prebuilt PSUs are made for OC, and keep in mind these are only guesses, so im not sure about my answer.