Question My PC doesn't recognise a USB internet adapter. What could be the problem??

jayhayjay

Honorable
Nov 18, 2015
Hi guys.

I just bought a new USB internet adapter, specifically the TP-Link W822N one and there seems to be a problem with it.

My desktop PC doesn't recognise it at all. I've tried it on all the USB ports (both 2.0 and 3.0 ones and both motherboard and pc case ones) and nothing happens.

In fact, the computer makes a 3-beep quick error sound. Oddly enough, the adapter appears in Device Manager but attempting to install it manually from there doesn't work either. And there are no problems with other USB devices, they connect without issues. I've also tried downloading the drivers manually but the installer still needs to verify that the adapter is connected to the PC so it doesn't work.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

cyrill5

Prominent
Feb 28, 2021
PC 3 beeps
Three beeps that repeat after a pause and occur when you power on your computer indicate a problem with the system memory.
-google

probably your full of memory all type

cyrill5

Prominent
Feb 28, 2021
No. Not that memory the lower memory. Where each devise have a memory address allocated. . probably you have too many hardware jack in. Just use the keyboard n mouse