Question My PC doesn't recognize my 8GB RAM attached to the RAM slot until I pressure the left corner while booting the PC

Sep 7, 2022
Hello everyone,

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 520-IKB and have an issue about the RAM. My PC has an internal RAM of 4GB directly connected to the motherboard without a slot and also includes a slot for external RAM input. The problem is my RAM is recognized by my PC from time to time. To clarify the details of the problem I will be telling you the story of what I have done so far. 2 years ago, I just realized that my 8GB RAM PC got 4GB without any reasons, but when I checked my RAM, it was already showing on its tag that the RAM insterted in the slot was 4GB. So I thought it was a bug showing 8GB of RAM from time to time. Then, after a while I realized that the motherboard included a 4GB of RAM which means that the slot was not being able to detect my external one. So I bought a new RAM of 8GB which made my PC 12GB RAM. However, the problem kept going on. Sometimes it was detecting 4GB of RAM and sometimes it is detecting 12GB. After many hours of inspection, I realized something very crucial about my problem. My PC has keyboard backlights that gets on when the PC boots up. If the light gets solid after a single light on procedure and the Lenovo logo appears on the screen during the boot, my external RAM is not detected. On the other hand, after many shut downs and boot again (not restart but shutdown and boot from the power button), If I can see the light blinking two times and then see the Lenovo logo appear on my screen, then external memory is detected and the PC gets boot up with 12 GB of RAM. Even if I reboot PC after that with the restart button, 12GB of RAM is still detected. However if I shutdown my PC and turn it again, the same problem happens.

I was going to post this thread about a month ago but I was convinced to show my pc to a repair center and the guy told me that he needed to change the RAM slot due to oxidation. Even after he changed the RAM slot with a completely new one my problem was going on. BUT, one thing that I stumble upon chance was to realize that if I would pressure from the top of the laptop near the power adapter input, my PC would could DETECT MY RAM! Do you have any idea why something very strange is happening? I would be pleased to share more details with you if you are willing to help me. I put the video link below so that the problem is clearer hopefully!
Cheers,

Sep 7, 2022
My thought is that there is crack along one of the circuits involved. When you press the case the crack closes and allows contact so current flows as necessary.

Could be a loose component as well.

You need to find another repair shop.
So what do you recommend me to tell to the repair shop? Would it be possible to fix the crack on the circuit if that is the case?

TRENDING THREADS