[SOLVED] My Pc Doesnt Turn On Even After I Unplug The Power Cable

Puny

Prominent
Oct 7, 2020
I recently bought this pc, and when i got it, it had the same problem. However, over time it has been getting worse. I have to unplug and plug in the power cable multiple times until it actually turns on. I switched psu's and its still giving me the same problem. A few minutes ago, when i plug the psu cable in, my cpu fan and gpu turn on, but the pc isnt actually on. Now it doesnt turn on at all. What is my problem?
Specs:
Mobo: gigabyte ga-945gcm-s2c
Gpu: gigabyte gv-nx66l256dp
Psu: (current) mercer 300w universal atx 2.0 (model num: IP-S300T4-0 H
(Previous) there isnt any info, all i see is a weird logo which i think spells isonic classic, its 230v with no model number

Also, this pc is old, yes

Last edited:
Solution
I just edited it, thats all the info i can get for u, im sorry
No worries.

Problem is you've replaced a very poor PSU with another very poor PSU and both could likely be causing an issue. So it's hard to tell without replacing with at least a bare minimum quality PSU.

Other than that it could equally be GPU or MB. The age of the machine is an issue. And the only real way you'd be able to definitely know what component is causing the issue, is by swapping and replacing.

However if your previous PSU failed, because of it's quality, there is also a likelihood it could have damaged other components.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I just edited it, thats all the info i can get for u, im sorry
No worries.

Problem is you've replaced a very poor PSU with another very poor PSU and both could likely be causing an issue. So it's hard to tell without replacing with at least a bare minimum quality PSU.

Other than that it could equally be GPU or MB. The age of the machine is an issue. And the only real way you'd be able to definitely know what component is causing the issue, is by swapping and replacing.

However if your previous PSU failed, because of it's quality, there is also a likelihood it could have damaged other components.

Solution

Puny

Prominent
Oct 7, 2020
No worries.

Alright, thanks for your help