Question My PC drops from good fps to 20 fps randomly ?

Nov 16, 2022
So about 3 days ago i got a rx 6600 8gb asus oc. After putting it in i deleted the old drivers and I installed the drivers for the gpu in games it runs smooth and everything is going well but sometimes it goes from like 190 fps on apex to 20fps and everything becomes super laggy even after i close the game and im in desktop i want to mention that i never had this problem with my old gpu and my configuration is not old:
I5-11400f
16gb ram 3200mhz
256gb ssd
500gb hdd
750w power supply from corsair (tested and works good)
B560 msi torpedo motherboard
And a case with good airflow since my cpu is staying around 50-60 celsius and my gpu 40-60 celsius on max load. I tried to reinstall the drivers then to take out the gpu and put it back again i tried to under volt and overclock and still nothing i put the power to max and nothing and tbh it just happends random sometime it just goes away after i close the game and sometimes i need to restart my pc for it to work again. Its really annoying since i gotta leave the game im playing to restart another example would be valorant in wich the gpu isn’t even used that much (25-30%) from 300 fps to 20 fps and i need to restart to make it work i tried everything on google and youtube and nothing works. My next intention is to reinstall my windows and switch to windows 11

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
i got a rx 6600 8gb asus oc

You "got"? Like for free? Found under a bush? :unsure:

After putting it in i deleted the old drivers

Just selected the drivers folder and hit Delete? :unsure:

i never had this problem with my old gpu

Old GPU is what?

Model of the PSU is?

i tried everything on google and youtube and nothing works.

What EXACTLY did you try/do? :unsure:

Since if you really did try "everything", then you should know exactly what happens with your PC, when game performance drops and i don't need to explain to you, how to find out what is happening during the performance drops.

My next intention is to reinstall my windows and switch to windows 11

Might help, IF the issue is software based.

SomethingRandom1

Commendable
May 11, 2021
So about 3 days ago i got a rx 6600 8gb asus oc. After putting it in i deleted the old drivers and I installed the drivers for the gpu in games it runs smooth and everything is going well but sometimes it goes from like 190 fps on apex to 20fps and everything becomes super laggy even after i close the game and im in desktop i want to mention that i never had this problem with my old gpu and my configuration is not old:
I5-11400f
16gb ram 3200mhz
256gb ssd
500gb hdd
B560 msi torpedo motherboard
And a case with good airflow since my cpu is staying around 50-60 celsius and my gpu 40-60 celsius on max load. I tried to reinstall the drivers then to take out the gpu and put it back again i tried to under volt and overclock and still nothing i put the power to max and nothing and tbh it just happends random sometime it just goes away after i close the game and sometimes i need to restart my pc for it to work again. Its really annoying since i gotta leave the game im playing to restart another example would be valorant in wich the gpu isn’t even used that much (25-30%) from 300 fps to 20 fps and i need to restart to make it work i tried everything on google and youtube and nothing works. My next intention is to reinstall my windows and switch to windows 11
try to reinstall windows and backup your data and do DDU before
check the temps if its going down and search for the most stable driver for your card and install that driverr