My PC fans are not spinning, but my mobo LED’s are lighting up only.

Sep 9, 2019
Hi everyone,

I’m currently building my first gaming pc and it looks like i’m almost done. However, when i plugged in my power supply and flipped the switch to i , none of my fans are spinning including the case fans, cpu fan, gpu fan, and even the psu fan. I also want to point out that the only thing that’s powered on was the led lights on the motherboard. I’m pretty sure i plugged in wverything right to the motherboard and i hit the power button on the front panel. I need some assistance please. Here’s my build....

CPU: Amd ryzen 7 2700x
Mobo: asus prime x470 pro
Cpu air fan: dark rock 4
Gpu: Zotac geforce rtx 2060
Ram: Corsair vengeance LPX 16gb 3200mhz
Psu: corsair rmx 650W
Case fans: Corsair LL series 120 rgb
HDD: Western digital blue 3tb 5400rpm
Ssd: samsung 860 evo 500gb
Case: thermaltake v200 tempered glass rgb edition 12v mb
Thank you for your time!

Sipan9000

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2015
That case has a small led next to the power button, when you press it does the led turn on or flash at all? Some motherboards have led's that turn on just from the power supply being plugged in & its possible that you may have not installed the front panel connectors correctly which would mean since it's not plugged in right, the power button isnt actually turning the computer on.

Incase you're unsure, the front panel connectors are a group of tiny wires that usually go into the bottom left side of the motherboard, it's worth double checking with your motherboards manual to make sure those are correct.

If that doesn't work then I would double check that every fan is plugged in to the correct pins, for case fans usually it's marked on the motherboard as CHA_FAN, cpu fan is marked CPU_FAN, if they're all correct then most likely the power supply is bad

Sep 9, 2019
on my mobo manual, it says that the front panel headers are located on the bottom right of the motherboard, and i’m pretty sure i plugged them in the right place. So, then my best bet would probably be something wrong with the power supply or maybe i have bent a pin on a cpu or something.

Sep 9, 2019
IMPORTANT UPDATE: I just took my pc to a computer repair shop, and they said that the main issue was a 1 pin bent cpu. I wasn’t surprised at all considering the fact that i have dropped the cpu onto my mobo when i first tried to open it.