[SOLVED] My Pc fans spin but no video signal?

Jun 28, 2020
I recently bought pc parts and put together a pc. Today, I tried turning it on for the first time. The fans and the cpu fan were spinning, but no video output. I checked the monitor, the hdmi cable, tried to unplug and hold the power button, but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are the specs:
Ryzen 5 2600
Gigabyte b450m ds3h wifi
2x4gb of corsair vengeance am 3000 speed
Thermaltake Smart 500 W 80+
Team GX2 512 GB 2.5" ssd
Asrock Radeon RX 570 4gb phantom
Cooler master case

Last edited:
I recently bought pc parts and put together a pc. Today, I tried turning it on for the first time. The fans and the cpu fan were spinning, but no video output. I checked the monitor, the hdmi cable, tried to unplug and hold the power button, but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are the specs:
Ryzen 5 2600
Gigabyte b450m ds3h wifi
2x4gb of corsair vengeance am 3000 speed
Thermaltake Smart 500 W 80+
Team GX2 512 GB 2.5" ssd
Asrock Radeon RX 570 4gb phantom
Cooler master case
Unplug and hold the power button is for laptops, find Reset_CMOS posts on the MB and short them for few seconds or take CMOS battery out for few minutes ether of that with power right off.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Have you connected CPU 12v 8pin to the motherboard and PCIe ext cable to the graphics card?

Is HSF connected to CPU_Fan header on the motherboard?

Checked video cable is connected to the graphics card and not the motherboard?

Jun 28, 2020
Have you connected CPU 12v 8pin to the motherboard and PCIe ext cable to the graphics card?

Is HSF connected to CPU_Fan header on the motherboard?

Checked video cable is connected to the graphics card and not the motherboard?
I connected both of the connectors to the motherboard and the one to the graphics card. The Cpu fan is connected, and the hdmi cable is plugged in to the graphics card

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah see how you go with that. If you remove the coin size battery, remember which side it goes back.

Are there any visible lit debug codes? Might need a beep code speaker if not any led codes.

Are ram in the grey slots and are fully seated? The dimm slot clips should lock in at each side.

Check Hdmi plug isn't being kinda blocked by an edge belonging to the case preventing full insertion.

Jun 28, 2020
Yeah see how you go with that. If you remove the coin size battery, remember which side it goes back.

Are there any visible lit debug codes? Might need a beep code speaker if not any led codes.

Are ram in the grey slots and are fully seated? The dimm slot clips should lock in at each side.

Check Hdmi plug isn't being kinda blocked by an edge belonging to the case preventing full insertion.
For the speaker, can I just use a pair of headphones to plug in or do i need some other special speaker? Also, what do you mean by visible lit debug codes? I don't see and leds on in the motherboard if that's what you mean. The ram is plugged in all the way, and is in the 2 and 4 spots. If taking out the small battery doesn't work, should I switch the ram to 1 and 3 slots?

Jun 28, 2020
PC debug speaker plugs in on the speaker pins;

Ram slots 2 and 4 are the primary slots. Could diagnose ram using only the 2nd slot. Slots 1 & 3 are intended for another two ram modules.
My ram slots go like this from left to right: 4, 2, 3, 1. If i put the two ram sticks in the 4 and 2 slots like you said, they will be right next to eachother. They are currently in 2 and 1. Should I change this?

Jun 28, 2020
Update: Everything I tried did nothing. I think it is the motherboard's fault, and we had a lot of problems with it even before putting components into it. Any suggestions on which motherboard I should get would be greatly appreciated.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
This is how it usually is on most motherboards
how-to-optimise-your-ram-slots.jpg

I'd suggest B450 Msi Tomahawk Max. Top notch VRM and compatible with 3rd gen processors out of the box. If you decided to upgrade Zen2 cpu in future, you don't need to update bios.

TRENDING THREADS