[SOLVED] My PC fell over and turned off. Now it will not turn back on

Dec 8, 2021
My headphone wires got stuck to the wheel of my chair and yanked my PC (PC was on the ground upright) to fall over. Once it slammed unto the ground. The display on my monitors went black.

I attempted to turn it on but nothing responded. I examined the PC more thoroughly and found that the CPU cooler was really heavy and yanked the CPU kinda out of the socket (Be Quiet Cooler). I have a Ryzen 9 3900x and I noticed that it had some bent pins. I straightened the pins out with a razor blade and attempted to start it up again.

No luck. Next I swapped out power supplies and even tried the paperclip test and both PSU's worked.

That didn't work. I then tried switching my I/O power switch cause maybe the case dislodged it so I switched with another case but no luck and then even tried jumpstarting it with a screw driver but absolutely nothing happens.

My mother board is the Asus Tuf x570 Wifi

Im guessing my cpu or motherboard or both are fried. Any suggestions or insight? Thanks

Solution
Im guessing my cpu or motherboard or both are fried. Any suggestions or insight?
there's a good chance that either the CPU or the motherboard socket was damaged if you noticed it a bit loose and those pins were bent.

find someone with compatible components that will let you troubleshoot using their components to swap.
try a different CPU in your board.
if still no go, try your CPU in another board.

you could also take it to a local shop and allow them to diagnose.
they should have products on hand they can test with.
Im guessing my cpu or motherboard or both are fried. Any suggestions or insight?
there's a good chance that either the CPU or the motherboard socket was damaged if you noticed it a bit loose and those pins were bent.

find someone with compatible components that will let you troubleshoot using their components to swap.

Solution
Dec 8, 2021

Would my PC even boot if i have it like this right now:

CPU installed
PSU powering CPU/MOBO
No GPU
1 Ram Stick
No HDD

Say I had a faulty CPU. Would the motherboard still try to boot? Or does it need the CPU working in order to boot.

Say I had a faulty CPU. Would the motherboard still try to boot? Or does it need the CPU working in order to boot.
i would imagine it depends on the board.
i've had some that just return a CPU error at POST.
but have seen others complaining of just a quick LED flash and then nothing.

your breadboard setup should work, may also need keyboard attached.
try it out of the case on the motherboard box or something similar.